cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CLIs

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

CITI CLIs

So if you request a CLI early, does that rest your 6 month timeframe to request your next CLI?
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

Scores updated May 2020, unless otherwise noted. 5 revolvers reporting a balance, where it's normally 1, but took an HP on EX.

(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (aged/nonaged), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
For example, mine is clean/thick/aged/new account, with open loan on record.
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: CITI CLIs

No, only if approvedSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 21
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

For real? I knew that CSR didn’t know they were talking about!
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

Scores updated May 2020, unless otherwise noted. 5 revolvers reporting a balance, where it's normally 1, but took an HP on EX.

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (aged/nonaged), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 3 of 21
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Lol, dont quote me on it thoughSmiley Wink. I just dont believe there is a set time period. Maybe @K-in-Boston or @UncleB remembers hearing anything about this.
Message 4 of 21
Highlighted

An early request definitely doesn't reset the clock.

More than once I've "jumped the gun" by a few days and my CLI was denied, but when I tried again a few days later it was approved.  The last time was June 2019.

Message 5 of 21
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thats what i figured. I cant get sny sp luv on my DC or DP. Even now my DP says its not eligbleSmiley Sad. Thanks Macys AmexSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 21
Highlighted

@UncleB is 100% correct. I lost count of how many times I asked too early. Asking early (or a denial, which I got for the first time a few months back, followed by a $2k CLI a few weeks later) never resets the clock. But any approval starts a 6 calendar month clock.
Message 7 of 21
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thank you guys so much for the confirmation I’m about to go try.

My only problem is going to be Macy’s and Macy’s Amex as well. Should I do a CLD on the Macy’s? Before I ask? They’ve already got a greater exposure to me than anyone.

I know that’s going against the grain being a MF’er, But I’d rather have it on a bank card. Is initiating a CLD hard? I’ve never done that before. How would you do it on Macy’s Joe? LOL

RIP:

Message 8 of 21
Highlighted

Oh I didn’t realize we were talking about Citi-backed retail cards instead of Citi credit cards. The rules for all of those will be different, and in many cases a CLI will be a HP.
Message 9 of 21
Highlighted

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Oh I didn’t realize we were talking about Citi-backed retail cards instead of Citi credit cards. The rules for all of those will be different, and in many cases a CLI will be a HP.

Ah, me either... yep, that could definitely change things.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.