cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI CLIs

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Contributor

CITI CLIs

So if you request a CLI early, does that rest your 6 month timeframe to request your next CLI?

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated AUG 4, '19. Since then, 5 HP dings to add; will update again.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CITI CLIs

No, only if approvedSmiley Happy
#ChaseCreditCardHobby Enthusiast
Message 2 of 21
Valued Contributor

For real? I knew that CSR didn’t know they were talking about!

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Message 3 of 21
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lol, dont quote me on it thoughSmiley Wink. I just dont believe there is a set time period. Maybe @K-in-Boston or @UncleB remembers hearing anything about this.
Message 4 of 21

An early request definitely doesn't reset the clock.

More than once I've "jumped the gun" by a few days and my CLI was denied, but when I tried again a few days later it was approved.  The last time was June 2019.

Message 5 of 21
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats what i figured. I cant get sny sp luv on my DC or DP. Even now my DP says its not eligbleSmiley Sad. Thanks Macys AmexSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 21

@UncleB is 100% correct. I lost count of how many times I asked too early. Asking early (or a denial, which I got for the first time a few months back, followed by a $2k CLI a few weeks later) never resets the clock. But any approval starts a 6 calendar month clock.

Message 7 of 21
Valued Contributor

Thank you guys so much for the confirmation I’m about to go try.

My only problem is going to be Macy’s and Macy’s Amex as well. Should I do a CLD on the Macy’s? Before I ask? They’ve already got a greater exposure to me than anyone.

I know that’s going against the grain being a MF’er, But I’d rather have it on a bank card. Is initiating a CLD hard? I’ve never done that before. How would you do it on Macy’s Joe? LOL

Message 8 of 21

Oh I didn’t realize we were talking about Citi-backed retail cards instead of Citi credit cards. The rules for all of those will be different, and in many cases a CLI will be a HP.

Message 9 of 21

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Oh I didn’t realize we were talking about Citi-backed retail cards instead of Citi credit cards. The rules for all of those will be different, and in many cases a CLI will be a HP.

Ah, me either... yep, that could definitely change things.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.