Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI - CSR or NFCU Flagship?

tag
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

CLI - CSR or NFCU Flagship?

What can I say, I need a few verbal opinions and/or lashings for this one and will fully utilize the boards opinions here.  In a nutshell, was thinking of two cards here, the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Navy Federal Flagship.  Flagship is at 91/3 and was approved originally with a $10k approval.  CSR is exactly 11 months today, never had a CLI, and also started at $10.4k.

The question: Use a HP for the NFCU CLI, use the possible double HP on the CSR request, or none of the above? - Asking for a friend of a sister of a cousin's brother's mother's friend.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI - CSR or NFCU Flagship?

If I were your friend, removed 13 times of course for good measure, I’d take the Chase HP and try for Navy SP. Just putting it out there.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 2 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Cred4All wrote:

What can I say, I need a few verbal opinions and/or lashings for this one and will fully utilize the boards opinions here.  In a nutshell, was thinking of two cards here, the Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Navy Federal Flagship.  Flagship is at 91/3 and was approved originally with a $10k approval.  CSR is exactly 11 months today, never had a CLI, and also started at $10.4k.

The question: Use a HP for the NFCU CLI, use the possible double HP on the CSR request, or none of the above? - Asking for a friend of a sister of a cousin's brother's mother's friend.

Got a kick out of this Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy so forgot what the question was and had to re-read it.

Oh I would definitely do the CSR first (once it's 12 months) and especially if that's the card you really want --to quote Chasing750--13X removed Smiley Very Happy, even if it may be 2-3 HPs. I say this because you're almost guaranteed for a CLI from NFCU and you can wait another month.

Just my 2cents.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Chase is very unpredictable with HP CLIs. You may get nothing, very little or quite a bit 🤷‍♀️

Message 4 of 10
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

All good information.. and I agree that if I were to opt for Chase initially on a CLI, shoud wait until August for the 1yr mark.  However, I know asking Chase for anything is like poking the bear, repeatedly, with less than guaranteed productive outcomes so... leaning toward a Navy CLI (But unsure what amount to ask for.) . I'll just continue to hope Chase steps up one day with an Auto-CLI.

Message 5 of 10
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

do you need the CLI? looking at your profile, it looks like you have plenty of credit already. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 6 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@kudosalert wrote:

do you need the CLI? looking at your profile, it looks like you have plenty of credit already. 

It doesn't matter whether OP's friend of a friend of a friend needs a CLI or not!

As Bob Hope said, A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.!

Enough said. Smiley Wink

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Give a FU to Chase and go Plat on your Flagship babySmiley Wink.
Message 8 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Cred4All wrote:

Asking for a friend of a sister of a cousin's brother's mother's friend.

Why didnt you just say the friend of your/their aunt?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Cred4All wrote:

Asking for a friend of a sister of a cousin's brother's mother's friend.

Why didnt you just say the friend of your/their aunt?

Because then it wouldn't have been a fun puzzle to exercise this old brain of mine. Smiley Wink I actually liked trying to figure out who this person was; in actuality, though, we really know it's the person behind the question Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.