Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Requests for Disco and Amex

tag
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

CLI Requests for Disco and Amex

Hi all,

Well I was feeling kinda down today, don't really know why. IAnyway,  was finishing up paperwork and thought well, let's see if Disco and Amex will cheer me up. My Disco is 30 years old and my relationship with Amex is about the same.  I have not asked for CLI from Disco in more than 9 months and Amex at least a year. The Amex card is the Clear cash card. 

Well, my mood is still sour. Disco has never said No. Today was the 1st time. We are unable to process your request at this time. However, you may apply again in the near future. You will receieve our reason via US Mail in the next few days.  My current limit is $41,500. I thought they would go to $45K, but No, nothing not even $500. 

Amex, your request has been submitted. You  will receive our response in 7 to 10 days.  Never saw that before either, it was Yes or No for me in the past. Current limit is only $12K, I asked for $20K. Strange....Covid related????

Both cards have consistent usage. Disco is my daily driver often. Amex not as much, but both Amex cards I have do get regular use. 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: CLI Requests for Disco and Amex

Sorry for your CLI denialsSmiley Sad

Lenders right now ...

Message 2 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Definitely has to be covid related if everything is in order and you show them love regularly.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 10
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Yes I do think Discover has stop giving out cli's for large credit lines. I have 29K limit with discover and 2 months ago ask for cli was turn down this is first since I had card had tried twice in the last 3 months.

Message 4 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Yes I do think Discover has stop giving out cli's for large credit lines. I have 29K limit with discover and 2 months ago ask for cli was turn down this is first since I had card had tried twice in the last 3 months.

This may prove otherwise ...

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Discover-CLI-to-50k/td-p/6089327

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for your denial. Hopefully, AmEx will come through.

Message 6 of 10
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Ok I just got in the mail from Discover discover checks with offer for cash advance loan for 12 months with a 3 percent transaction fee. On one hand discover wants to get customers to borrow money but on other hand don't want to increase credit lines. In this environment I would not take this offer not because I don't think that I would not be abel to pay back the loan the reason is that discover or another creditor may take advers action. They stilsteel need to generate profits.

Message 7 of 10
periferel
Established Member

not bragging but they just gave me a $300 cli Smiley Very Happy

scores 9/25/2020 between 670-685
cap1 QUICKSILVER $1,100 DISCOVER $1,100 CSP $7,900 FREEDOM FLEX $8,100
Message 8 of 10
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Message 9 of 10
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I am very happy for your credit line increase. I can understand why discover gave you the increase the is small and they want to encourage you to put more spend on the card. We have much larger lines of credit and discover has much greater risk with our accounts.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.