Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank CLIs with Locked Reports?

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

US Bank CLIs with Locked Reports?

Can anyone confirm that they actually indeed got SP CLIs while their reports were locked? 

The reason I ask is that I can't get SP preapprovals through BBVA or BB&T while my reports are locked. I can immediately unlock them and get SP preapprovals with them. 

I'm not sure why that would be, but it is. How is US Bank/Elan regarding this? 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: US Bank CLIs with Locked Reports?

It can go either way. 

You could ask with all your reports frozen and get increase, or they could attempt the pull. 

I've had both happen, but CLIs with HP followed by manual review were huge in comparison to what puter thought I should get.

That's just me, though. I don't mind HP as long as they are traded for something I need. 

Message 2 of 8
Winesnoblv
Regular Contributor

When I attempted an online cli request with US Bank, I received notice that they attempted a HP on TU.  Since all are frozen, I can only assume this is why it wasn't approved.

It has been over two weeks and I have yet to receive a letter as to why it was denied (somewhat normal for US Bank).

FICO 8 EX 784 TU 786 EQ 786
FICO 9 EX 780
AMEX - Platinum, BCP, Delta Platinum, Simply Cash Plus, Blue Business Cash (Business)
Barclay - Arrival Plus, AAdvantage Aviator
Capital One - Venture, Sparks (Business)
Chase - FU, CSP
Citi - Premier, PLOC
Discover It Miles
TD Cash Visa
US Bank Altitude Reserve
Wells Fargo Propel AMEX
PNC Points Visa
FNBO Evergreen Visa
Message 3 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Winesnoblv wrote:

When I attempted an online cli request with US Bank, I received notice that they attempted a HP on TU.  Since all are frozen, I can only assume this is why it wasn't approved.

It has been over two weeks and I have yet to receive a letter as to why it was denied (somewhat normal for US Bank).

You should be receiving a letter  informing you have 30 days from the day on the letter to unfreeze and call them when they are not frozen. 

You will not get any other "denial" reason since it's in pending status. 

If you do not go through with it, there will be no other letters (as in official denial). 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They gave me a SL of 9K(Cash+) about 2 yrs ago and twice they wanted me to unfreeze my reports. I don't even bother anymore.

Message 5 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I've gotten several US bank CLI's with my TU frozen. So yeah, it is possible for them to soft pull. 

Message 6 of 8
nccarguy1
New Contributor

I can confirm.  3 SP CLI in two years.  Last was about two months ago on 4 US Bank cards and my Fidelity card.  My reports are always locked 

@JNA1 wrote:

Can anyone confirm that they actually indeed got SP CLIs while their reports were locked? 

The reason I ask is that I can't get SP preapprovals through BBVA or BB&T while my reports are locked. I can immediately unlock them and get SP preapprovals with them. 

I'm not sure why that would be, but it is. How is US Bank/Elan regarding this? 

Message 7 of 8
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Awesome, thanks! That's what I needed to know!

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.