cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP App Declined! WF Propel CLI Approved.

tag
rafy023
Regular Contributor

CSP App Declined! WF Propel CLI Approved.

After weeks of going back and forth on whether I should apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred, I finally bit the bullet and decided to apply. Unfortunately, I was declined and I would be lying if I said I wasn't upset about it lol. Oh well, I don't think I will be applying again in the future - rejection stings a bit! I currently have the CFU with $0 balance - I got that in March 2018. My scores are in my sig below. 

Some other DPs:

Income: $140k

Inquiries as follows - EX: 9, EQ: 5, TU: 6.

Utilization: 18%

The CFU was opened on 3/13/18, I opened a Business Ink card last year but I read somewhere those don't count towards 5/24. I opened a Citi DC and PenFed Platinum Rewards in December and a Citizens Bank Clear Value MC in January so I should only be at 3/24. Not sure why I was declined - is it worth trying to recon? How does one go about doing that - just calling in to their credit card center and asking if they can reconsider or asking why I was declined?

On the bright side, before this I called Wells Fargo to see if i was eligible for a SP CLI. I asked for my $10k Propel to be increased to $15k and after a few questions they countered with $12,500, which I happily accepted. I guess not all is bad!

Thanks for reading!

Edit: Forgot to add...

AoOA: 13 years

AAoA: 3 yrs 8 mos

Only derog is from July 2013 (90 days late) which I doubt should have too much effect now. 

FICO 8 Scores
EX: 773
EQ: 784
TU: 772
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP App Declined! WF Propel CLI Approved.

Congrats on the CLI.

Message 2 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 3 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@rafy023 wrote:

After weeks of going back and forth on whether I should apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred, I finally bit the bullet and decided to apply. Unfortunately, I was declined and I would be lying if I said I wasn't upset about it lol. Oh well, I don't think I will be applying again in the future - rejection stings a bit! I currently have the CFU with $0 balance - I got that in March 2018. My scores are in my sig below. 

Some other DPs:

Income: $140k

Inquiries as follows - EX: 9, EQ: 5, TU: 6.

Utilization: 18%

The CFU was opened on 3/13/18, I opened a Business Ink card last year but I read somewhere those don't count towards 5/24. I opened a Citi DC and PenFed Platinum Rewards in December and a Citizens Bank Clear Value MC in January so I should only be at 3/24. Not sure why I was declined - is it worth trying to recon? How does one go about doing that - just calling in to their credit card center and asking if they can reconsider or asking why I was declined?

On the bright side, before this I called Wells Fargo to see if i was eligible for a SP CLI. I asked for my $10k Propel to be increased to $15k and after a few questions they countered with $12,500, which I happily accepted. I guess not all is bad!

Thanks for reading!

Edit: Forgot to add...

AoOA: 13 years

AAoA: 3 yrs 8 mos

Only derog is from July 2013 (90 days late) which I doubt should have too much effect now. 

Sorry for your denialSmiley Sad

Congratulations on your Propel CLISmiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
rafy023
Regular Contributor

Thanks all!

FICO 8 Scores
Message 5 of 21
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Sorry about the CSP denial. Although you're under 5/24, perhaps the 3 new accounts in the past 3-4 months was a deterrent? No advice on recon but since you've already taken the HP, it's worth a try. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the denial letter. I would be curious to know the reason though, since this is a card of interest for me. 

Message 6 of 21
rafy023
Regular Contributor

I agree... since I already took the HP I think I should give them a call and see what the deal was and if there's any chance of reversing that. I was wondering if they reverse it does it mean they'll give me the minimum SL of $5,000. I'll update here tomorrow if I get a chance to speak to them (apparently wait times are pretty long due to COVID-19). 

FICO 8 Scores
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI and I hope you have success with recon on the Chase card.

You may want to blow that late off your reports, and being that it was in July of 2013, you are in the window to have it removed via Early Exclusion on TU and EX both. I would definitely do that no matter what - get it outta there and have those two accounts clean!

Message 8 of 21
rafy023
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the CLI and I hope you have success with recon on the Chase card.

You may want to blow that late off your reports, and being that it was in July of 2013, you are in the window to have it removed via Early Exclusion on TU and EX both. I would definitely do that no matter what - get it outta there and have those two accounts clean!

Thank you! I was not aware of the early exclusion. I'll look into - thanks for the info. 

FICO 8 Scores
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing - there's lots of info on it here. Give me a minute and I'll link you to a recent reply I posted about it.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.