cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP App-What should be my next step here?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP App-What should be my next step here?

Just applied for the CSP and got the dreaded "we need a little longer" message.  What is the reading between the lines message here?  Am I going to be denied but just have to wait to get the news?  What should my next course of action be, aside for just sitting and waiting?  What might help my chances and/or speed up the process?

Thanks!!

Chase Sapphire Preferred®
Thank you for your request.

We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision as soon as possible.

Thank you for choosing the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CSP App-What should be my next step here?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just applied for the CSP and got the dreaded "we need a little longer" message.  What is the reading between the lines message here?  Am I going to be denied but just have to wait to get the news?  What should my next course of action be, aside for just sitting and waiting?  What might help my chances and/or speed up the process?

Thanks!!

We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision as soon as possible.

Can you share your DPs?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!!

Can you share your DPs?

699 Experian

2 Inquiries

8% Utilization

3/24

3 baddies that I have been paying

4 personal cc's right now-Amex Gold, Amex Delta Gold, Cap1  Venture1 (highest limit I have at $7k), Cap1 QS1

2 Biz cards-BBP and Amex Amazon Prime

Oldest open A/C is 2 yrs 7 mos

Avg age of open accounts is 1 yr 3 months.  If including all closed accounts it's over 10 years.  If just accounts in the past 10 years it's about 2 yrs 1 month.

LMK if you'd like any more info.

Message 3 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!!

Okay, so now you wait 

Your app could be in verification status or it could be in review. There are number of reasons for that message. Good news is, it was not auto denial, so relax

If you have very little patience, you can call and ask if anything is needed from you in case it's verification. If they say nothing is needed from you, leave it alone. 

Chase CSR are known to give wrong answers such as " we dont have the application" or "it's been denied" so I would not ask them what time it is and expect a correct answer. 

If they need something from you, they will communicate it in writing. It's best to wait for the letter as is certainly more accurate than anything a live person will tell you

In the meanwhile, you can keep checking automated line and see if there is a good news, or if you already have Chase account, check and see if it showed up 

Good luck! 

Message 4 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!!

Can you share your DPs?

699 Experian

2 Inquiries

8% Utilization

3/24

3 baddies that I have been paying

4 personal cc's right now-Amex Gold, Amex Delta Gold, Cap1  Venture1 (highest limit I have at $7k), Cap1 QS1

2 Biz cards-BBP and Amex Amazon Prime

Oldest open A/C is 2 yrs 7 mos

Avg age of open accounts is 1 yr 3 months.  If including all closed accounts it's over 10 years.  If just accounts in the past 10 years it's about 2 yrs 1 month.

LMK if you'd like any more info.

Thank you. IMHO, I am leaning toward a denial because of the AAOAs and baddies; but I definitely hope I'm wrong. Like Remedios said, it could just be verification and the good thing is it wasn't an immediate denial.

I have my fingers crossed for you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!!

Did you call "robo-lady", and what was her response. I have similiar stats as you two baddies , 705-735 (735 is fico 9 seems lot more friendly on paid lates) ficos with one percent utilization. I am curious whether they will approve, mine are student loan lates from about 5 years ago, tried goodwilling to not avail. (long story thought they were in foreberance). Did they double pull EX/TU or what CRA? 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting. When I call app status line I continue to get the 30 day message. Ugh. I just want to know. From what I’ve heard that message is a good sign but I’ll believe it when I see it! Good luck!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any word yet? Has the Robo-lady updated?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Any word yet? Has the Robo-lady updated?

Thanks for checking in.  I totally forgot to update.  Got denied!  This time the only reason given was my delinquents/collections.  No mention of credit age, score or anything else this time.  Progress but not enough of it.  I just need to get those baddies off my report.  Easier said than done though!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.