cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP: Could I get higher limit for in-brach application?

tag
pgyagnzia
Established Member

CSP: Could I get higher limit for in-brach application?

Hi all,

So I've been thinking on applying for CSP for awhile now. I'm finally approved for it under my offer on my Chase account (I have Freedom, 30k limit). It says that I'm approved for 9k limit. I need to make purchases that will total around 4k. That will be automatically 45% utilisation.

My question is, would they be able to offer me higher limit if I talked to a banker in brach? Has anyone tried this? I'm closing my BofA with 27.5k limit, so I'd like it if I could get a new one with a limit that's closer to that.

Some of my stats:

817 Transunion

813 Equifax

0/24

Thank you all!

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP: Could I get higher limit for in-brach application?

I don't think so, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Although if they can you may or may not receive a HP for it. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only options I see you having is applying for the CSP that you’re already approved for with a 9000 limit and when receiving the card call the number on the back and request a higher limit. This of course could potentially result in another hard pull maybe even two. Other option is reallocate some of your freedom limit to the new CSP card. 

Yes of course you could always ask in branch but I don’t recall any success stories that route. Regardless good luck! And congratulations on their offer!! 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another idea if you don't go to a branch is the posted above or you can wait 6 months to request a CLI. 9k isn't a terrible SL.

Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I doubt that. Chase tends to give upfront highest limit they are comfortable with 

The only time anything "in branch" helps, is when you're over 5/24, or looking for additional assurance new app would be approved. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.