Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP - Went for it! * UPDATE: Approved & pushed my luck! LOL

tag
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

CSP - Went for it! * UPDATE: Approved & pushed my luck! LOL

We decided to go for it, possibly prematurely -- we'll find out!

Husband just paid his utilization down from 71% to 14%, which brought his Experian to 779. Problem is the balances haven't fully updated on Equifax (721) or TransUnion (704) yet. Was considering waiting until they all update, so that the other scores could catch up buuuttt... got antsy.

Got the 7-10 day message immediately, 30 day email, and just called and got the 2 weeks message.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR US!! It's our most desired card of all time. :-P 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP - Went for it!

Pre-qualified? Not In 5/24 I presume? Good luck
Message 2 of 26
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Not pre-qualified. :-/

2 new cards in the past 24 months, plus added as 1 authorized user... I suppose that puts it at 3/24.

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see how you couldn't be approved(unless you've got some serious baddies under that score). Well under the rule, I could see an issue with that card reporting a high balance, but if they double pulled and see the low balance I'm sure that can be reconned in a worst case scenario and say hey that's not the actual balance, see look at experian.

What makes up his scores? Aaoa etc, prior relationship with Chase?

Message 4 of 26
Septrosh
New Contributor

*Fingers crossed* Good Luck!

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

Message 6 of 26
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't see how you couldn't be approved(unless you've got some serious baddies under that score). Well under the rule, I could see an issue with that card reporting a high balance, but if they double pulled and see the low balance I'm sure that can be reconned in a worst case scenario and say hey that's not the actual balance, see look at experian.

What makes up his scores? Aaoa etc, prior relationship with Chase?

No baddies Smiley Happy... No lates, no collections, no charge offs, nothing. Perfect payment history. The only thing holding him back previously was the high utilization.

AAoA is 6.9 years, we have a checking account with Chase and just got a Freedom 2 months ago (first Chase card). Prior to the Freedom 2 months ago, he had a new Synchrony card 10 months ago, but prior to that the last card was 7 years ago. ~$36k in credit lines with about $5k in balances right now. Inquiries are 6 (Ex), 1 (TU), 4 (Eq).

I sure do hope we get it!

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worst case you recon. Regardless this is gonna be in the approvals section soon enough
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck
Message 9 of 26
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

Thank you all, I'm so nervous and excited! Our "best" card so far has been the Quicksilver... the utilization was really holding us down but ever since I've been on these forums, our scores both have risen 50+ points in the past 4 months!
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.