Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP - Went for it! * UPDATE: Approved & pushed my luck! LOL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP - Went for it!

Honestly, even if you aren't approved within the 7-10 days you can always try the recon line.

I know I applied my score like 680 and I only had 1 or 2 cards at the time - Capital One Platinum with a $300 limit, a Citi Diamond Rewards with a 1k limit. They gave me the lowest starting limit of 5K but I was still approved!

I wish you the best of luck Smiley Happy

I think you'll be fine. Especially if you have to call the recon line given that you have paid a lot of your debt down and it just hasn't updated.

If I may make a recommendation, I am also a huge fan of the Discover it card. Similar benefits in terms of no foreign transaction fees, awesome rotating cash back promos, 1% all other times and no annual fee. The interest rate is a little bit high though.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is crossed for you guys!  It is my nemisis.  Keep counting the months!  Sure hope you get it!  Heart

Message 12 of 26
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Hoping the best for ya!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Honestly, even if you aren't approved within the 7-10 days you can always try the recon line.

I know I applied my score like 680 and I only had 1 or 2 cards at the time - Capital One Platinum with a $300 limit, a Citi Diamond Rewards with a 1k limit. They gave me the lowest starting limit of 5K but I was still approved!

I wish you the best of luck Smiley Happy

I think you'll be fine. Especially if you have to call the recon line given that you have paid a lot of your debt down and it just hasn't updated.

If I may make a recommendation, I am also a huge fan of the Discover it card. Similar benefits in terms of no foreign transaction fees, awesome rotating cash back promos, 1% all other times and no annual fee. The interest rate is a little bit high though.

when you got it with a 680 score what did they pull transunion, experian, equifax, or double pull of two of these? my freedom was a double pull of transunion and experian. I wonder what the csp is. thanks.

Message 14 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You will get it.. Golden IMO.  Just let it play out and dont call recon/uw.

Message 15 of 26
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

You will get it.. Golden IMO.  Just let it play out and dont call recon/uw.

Thanks for the advice! Waiting is the hardest part, lol!

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
what did they pull transunion, experian, equifax, or double pull of two of these? my freedom was a double pull of transunion and experian. I wonder what the csp is. thanks.

When I apped for my CSP they pulled Experian and Transunion. This was after a pre-approval message on thier webstie. 

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

when you got it with a 680 score what did they pull transunion, experian, equifax, or double pull of two of these? my freedom was a double pull of transunion and experian. I wonder what the csp is. thanks.

Oh wow. I honestly cannot remember to be honest. I *want* to say it was Equifax because I remember being surprised thinking they went off of Transunion.

Message 18 of 26
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

5 days later, APPROVED for $7500!

I'm excited, but was hoping for a higher credit limit. Is it possible to call recon for a higher limit, or do they not budget on that kind of thing?

Also I wanted to app for the Freedom Unlimited (keeping all my eggs in the UR basket)... should I go ahead and do that now, or wait for 3, 6, 12 months? I'm at 4/24 right now, but wondering if Chase will allow another app so soon.

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP - Went for it! ** UPDATE: Approved!

1. Ofcourse you're approved, Congrats regardless.
2. I think you can but it would be a hardpull from chase for a cli.
3. Yes you can app for two cards in 30 days. If you don't have the freedom already I'd go with that first, the categories eaasilllly outweigh the cfu even if you use it mildly. If you've got freedom already then go for it. I can't wait to have all 3. It's going to virtually make all my spend either 2.3/3.2/8 cents per dollar

Edit: nevermind just saw you got the freedom recently. Yeah go ahead and app for the cfu(assuming you can also hit the spend) I'm a big advocate to getting aaoa hits started sooner than later.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.