cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP - Went for it! * UPDATE: Approved & pushed my luck! LOL

tag
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

Re: CSP - Went for it! ** UPDATE: Approved!

Thanks Kuma! Went ahead and apped for FU... 7-10 day waiting message. Called robot lady & 7-10 day message too. So sad. Feel like I may have pressed my luck. Smiley Sad

Is it worth calling tomorrow to speak to someone, or should I wait for a hard denial?

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP - Went for it! * UPDATE: Approved & pushed my luck! LOL

I believe it automatically goes to review with the second app. Sorry I should have mentioned that, I don't believe it affects your chances. The other day there was someone who was approved for a csp as their 5th card, the second app, either a freedom or an FU, went to review and was approved, despite the Csp approval. I'm sure you'll be fine, especially since I'm guessing those balances are updated on all files now. You just get to wait again. In terms of calling, since you know you've got the csp to look forward to you may as well wait it out, I would however call and ask them to expedite your csp to you, you can find the number with a google search or somewhere here on the forum. "Expedite chase credit card". Should take you right to it
Message 22 of 26
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Kuma... that makes me feel a bit better. Called Chase this morning to expedite the SP and will wait (im)patiently to hear back about the FU.
Message 23 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSP - Went for it!

Congrats on your approval.. Knew you would be golden.. That is what I got when I started with my CSP a year + ago..  Since then other approvals are in the 17.5k range.. So after you have some history with chase, future approvals get alot bigger typically and I still have a dirty profile..  Alot based on your internal score with chase for future approvals and limits

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I believe it automatically goes to review with the second app. Sorry I should have mentioned that, I don't believe it affects your chances. The other day there was someone who was approved for a csp as their 5th card, the second app, either a freedom or an FU, went to review and was approved, despite the Csp approval. I'm sure you'll be fine, especially since I'm guessing those balances are updated on all files now. You just get to wait again. In terms of calling, since you know you've got the csp to look forward to you may as well wait it out, I would however call and ask them to expedite your csp to you, you can find the number with a google search or somewhere here on the forum. "Expedite chase credit card". Should take you right to it

I did my CSP app, got instant approval. Two days later did my CFU app and also got instant approval. So it isn't always true, although it seems almost always.

Message 25 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is now closed to further comments. Comments can be made in the approvals forum thread here http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Approved-for-Chase-Sapphire-Preferred/m-p/4569...

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.