cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP - Went for it! * UPDATE: Approved & pushed my luck! LOL

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: CSP - Went for it!

Honestly, even if you aren't approved within the 7-10 days you can always try the recon line.

 

I know I applied my score like 680 and I only had 1 or 2 cards at the time - Capital One Platinum with a $300 limit, a Citi Diamond Rewards with a 1k limit. They gave me the lowest starting limit of 5K but I was still approved!

 

I wish you the best of luck Smiley Happy

 

I think you'll be fine. Especially if you have to call the recon line given that you have paid a lot of your debt down and it just hasn't updated.

 

If I may make a recommendation, I am also a huge fan of the Discover it card. Similar benefits in terms of no foreign transaction fees, awesome rotating cash back promos, 1% all other times and no annual fee. The interest rate is a little bit high though.

Message 11 of 26
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP - Went for it!

Everything is crossed for you guys!  It is my nemisis.  Keep counting the months!  Sure hope you get it!  Heart


FICOS: EQ-812 TU-811 EX-818 Goal - 840-850 Across The Board
Total Credit Lines - 506K Gardening....
"I am the master of my fate and the captain of my destiny" Nelson Mandela
Message 12 of 26
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP - Went for it!

Hoping the best for ya!!!
                               

Total Credit: $240,100Credit Utilization: 1%AAoA: 5 years, 7 monthsInstallments: Car Lease, Marcus LoanNegatives: 0

LOWES-35k | BOA-32.5k | AMEX-30k | DISC-27.1k | ALLIANT-25k | NFCU-25k | BARC-15k | BBUY-12k | CHASE-10k | WAL-10k | CITI-9.7k | PENFED-9.7k


Message 13 of 26
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSP - Went for it!


@CB0225 wrote:

Honestly, even if you aren't approved within the 7-10 days you can always try the recon line.

 

I know I applied my score like 680 and I only had 1 or 2 cards at the time - Capital One Platinum with a $300 limit, a Citi Diamond Rewards with a 1k limit. They gave me the lowest starting limit of 5K but I was still approved!

 

I wish you the best of luck Smiley Happy

 

I think you'll be fine. Especially if you have to call the recon line given that you have paid a lot of your debt down and it just hasn't updated.

 

If I may make a recommendation, I am also a huge fan of the Discover it card. Similar benefits in terms of no foreign transaction fees, awesome rotating cash back promos, 1% all other times and no annual fee. The interest rate is a little bit high though.


when you got it with a 680 score what did they pull transunion, experian, equifax, or double pull of two of these? my freedom was a double pull of transunion and experian. I wonder what the csp is. thanks.


July 2019 464-540
July/2019 Equifax-490 to 521 TransUnion-521 to 528 Experian-521 to 540
Current/2019 Equifax-555 (ck) TransUnion-556(ck) Experian-558
Mortgage Scores: Sept/2019 Equifax-Fico5 xxx TransUnion-Fico4 xxx Experian-FIco2 xxx
First Goal 580 by Oct/19 Second Goal 600 by Nov/19 Third Goal 620 by Dec/19 Goal Score:across the board 690+


Message 14 of 26
Highlighted
Moderator

Re: CSP - Went for it!

You will get it.. Golden IMO.  Just let it play out and dont call recon/uw.

Message 15 of 26
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: CSP - Went for it!


@CreditCuriousity wrote:

You will get it.. Golden IMO.  Just let it play out and dont call recon/uw.


Thanks for the advice! Waiting is the hardest part, lol!

Message 16 of 26
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: CSP - Went for it!


@mynewcredit wrote:
what did they pull transunion, experian, equifax, or double pull of two of these? my freedom was a double pull of transunion and experian. I wonder what the csp is. thanks.

When I apped for my CSP they pulled Experian and Transunion. This was after a pre-approval message on thier webstie. 

Message 17 of 26
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: CSP - Went for it!


@mynewcredit wrote:


when you got it with a 680 score what did they pull transunion, experian, equifax, or double pull of two of these? my freedom was a double pull of transunion and experian. I wonder what the csp is. thanks.


Oh wow. I honestly cannot remember to be honest. I *want* to say it was Equifax because I remember being surprised thinking they went off of Transunion.

Message 18 of 26
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: CSP - Went for it!

5 days later, APPROVED for $7500!

I'm excited, but was hoping for a higher credit limit. Is it possible to call recon for a higher limit, or do they not budget on that kind of thing?

 

Also I wanted to app for the Freedom Unlimited (keeping all my eggs in the UR basket)... should I go ahead and do that now, or wait for 3, 6, 12 months? I'm at 4/24 right now, but wondering if Chase will allow another app so soon.

Message 19 of 26
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: CSP - Went for it! ** UPDATE: Approved!

1. Ofcourse you're approved, Congrats regardless.
2. I think you can but it would be a hardpull from chase for a cli.
3. Yes you can app for two cards in 30 days. If you don't have the freedom already I'd go with that first, the categories eaasilllly outweigh the cfu even if you use it mildly. If you've got freedom already then go for it. I can't wait to have all 3. It's going to virtually make all my spend either 2.3/3.2/8 cents per dollar

 

Edit: nevermind just saw you got the freedom recently. Yeah go ahead and app for the cfu(assuming you can also hit the spend) I'm a big advocate to getting aaoa hits started sooner than later.

03/09 EX- 701 TU- 716 EQ- 684 || 12 Mnth Inq EX- 3 TU- 1 EQ- 4
Last late Payment Feb '14(180 Days) || Oldest ACC- 4 Yrs
AAOA- 1.8 years || Total CL 84k || Goal: 700 across the board


Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.