Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP approval odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP approval odds?

@Anonymous wrote:
Well all my family is in another state so I travel 2x per year and usually I fly at least once a year so I can justify the credit. I think is a solid choice so I’m going to try it. Hopefully I don’t get deny as I don’t see any offers for it when I check online.

AFAIK CSR never has done an online pre-app.  Either app or go to a branch to find out if you're pre-app'd for it.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR application!!

Been on the fence about applying for the CSR as I only travel a couple of times a year. Like I mentioned before I think this would be the perfect time because I have wedding expenses to start paying off beginning next month. I guess I can always PC no?

Anyways should I refresh my scores thru experian before going in branch to do so?

Thanks
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSR application!!

Yes, you can PC after the first year.

Refreshing your scores won't do anything to the scores they pull when you submit the app.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. Would I be able to switch back later down the road to the CSR if I product change after a year ?
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the only thing that is the issue is the 1st 12 months due to the CARD act.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks, I’m going to my branch today I think. Crosses fingers
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d recommend the CSR over CSP to anyone qualified. That travel credit is extremely easy to get. There’s effectively no small print to it. I got mine all on my first statement by paying for a rental car.  And even if you never travel (which you do), they’d let you use it on Uber’s, taxis, and parking. At that point, it’s pretty easy to get $55 in added value over the CSP. You use a priority pass lounge with a guest one time, and you’ve covered it. 

And yes, you could always PC it down. But I doubt you’ll want to. 

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes taco that’s my thinking also, heading to the branch now. Feeling nervous lol
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success!!!!!!
Message 19 of 23
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous , approved? 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.