Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP in-branch question

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSP in-branch question

@Anonymous wrote:

You can wait like advised or pester Chase about it.  The problem with pestering Chase is you might get someone that's not in a good mood and they just deny you.  If you let things play out there's a 99% chance it gets approved.

I shall wait then.  Something I'm terrible at Smiley Happy

Thanks for the feedback.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll learn as you progress.  Good things come to those that wait and if you're sutbborn and persistent you can make things happen.

I spent 46 days waiting on BBT to send me my 2nd card.  I think you can manage a weekend of suspense.

Message 12 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@cmm89 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
There's additional steps that are usually taken to verify the application information besides the initial OTP authentication. I'd say let the process ride until you receive the correspondence to determine whether any additional information may be required.

Thanks, FinStar.  From your years of experience and what you've read on these forums, is this likely an approval or a decline?  I don't expect you to be certain, just curious what a Mod thinks.

I mean, the banker said I was pre-approved. Too bad I submitted that stupid cold-app.

In these kinds of scenarios, it's more likely to yield an approval .  Since you've already gone through the 1st stage of authentication, there's just the remaining "back end" portion with the application.  If everything else checks out, then you might see the account display online.   Otherwise, if they require additional information, take whatever docs they require to the branch so they can be uploaded to speed up the process.

Unless anything drastic changed with your profile, reports or verification fails then those would be some instances in which an application could be declined.  But, it looks like it's headed in the right direction.  Just be patient.  I know it can be difficult at times given the excitement of the offer. 

Keep the thread updated with the outcome and good luck! 

Message 13 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Robo-lady is now telling me I’ll find out within 30 days. I preferred the 2-week message but at least it’s not 7-10 days.

Will keep everyone updated.
What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 14 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@cmm89 wrote:
Robo-lady is now telling me I’ll find out within 30 days. I preferred the 2-week message but at least it’s not 7-10 days.

I don't intend this to serve as a bump, but my experience with Chase has been either an instant approval ($1,500 Chase Freedom) or immediate 7-10 day notices.   Will robo-lody never mention whether you've been approved?  After the 2-week notice, it reverted to the 30-day notice -- fortunately no 7-10 day notices yet.  *Knock on wood*

No card in my Chase app or on the site yet, hoping that isn't bad news.

Message 15 of 21
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I apped Saturday morning and had an approval of 18.7k yesterday, but I did call the backdoor number. The only relationship I’ve had with chase was as an AU. We’ve ran 18k through the card I’m an AU on in about 3 months. We pay it off or close to off 2-4 times a month. But as they say ymmv...

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 16 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@addicted_to_credit wrote:
I apped Saturday morning and had an approval of 18.7k yesterday, but I did call the backdoor number. The only relationship I’ve had with chase was as an AU. We’ve ran 18k through the card I’m an AU on in about 3 months. We pay it off or close to off 2-4 times a month. But as they say ymmv...

Thanks for the feedback.  Would you mind sharing which number you used?  There are about 12 of them for Chase on the Backdoor Number thread.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would start with these:

Chase: 800-432-3117 (App status)
Chase: 888-270-2127, 800-527-7419 (App recon)

Not really doing a recon but, trying to get a live person on the phone to push things along.  

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons) -- this might be the most direct option talking to a CA 

Keep in mind though it's only been 5 days since your post.  I know how it goes with a pending app and wanting them to make a decision sooner than later.  

Message 18 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, if approved, the automated system will provide such information, including the CL, APR, etc.
Message 19 of 21
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
OP, if approved, the automated system will provide such information, including the CL, APR, etc.

Great, thank you.  I will hold off for a few more days.

I actually assumed the opposite was the case, in that it would only give vague messages. 

EDIT: Hopefully Chase isn't able to see how often I'm using the automated system... I'm calling that thing 3 times per day Smiley LOL

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.