cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I apply for a Guitar Center card if I already have a WWBW card, both run by Synchrony?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I apply for a Guitar Center card if I already have a WWBW card, both run by Synchrony?

Hi all,

I'm curious as to what my options are.. I was approved in May for a WWBW card for a limit of $1,200 which I had intended to use for purchasing a soprano saxophone through the special financing offer from Synchrony. Unfortuntely, my limit just about covers one fifth of the total purchase ($5,000) and was wondering what I should do. I was thinking about asking for a higher credit limit from Syncrhony since my score has improved about 40 points since May and my other credit card gave me an automatic $1,000 increase, but I heard they don't really give out increases. I cannot even find the topic on Synchrony's website... So I was wondering if it is possible to apply for a guitar center (or sweetwater) card since they both offer the saxophone as well as the same financing options... the only trouble is both are still provided by Synchrony. Would I just be denied since I already have a Synchrony provided card? I would really like to figure out a way to get my limit high enough to purchase it through financing; any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I apply for a Guitar Center card if I already have a WWBW card, both run by Synchrony?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I'm curious as to what my options are.. I was approved in May for a WWBW card for a limit of $1,200 which I had intended to use for purchasing a soprano saxophone through the special financing offer from Synchrony. Unfortuntely, my limit just about covers one fifth of the total purchase ($5,000) and was wondering what I should do. I was thinking about asking for a higher credit limit from Syncrhony since my score has improved about 40 points since May and my other credit card gave me an automatic $1,000 increase, but I heard they don't really give out increases. I cannot even find the topic on Synchrony's website... So I was wondering if it is possible to apply for a guitar center (or sweetwater) card since they both offer the saxophone as well as the same financing options... the only trouble is both are still provided by Synchrony. Would I just be denied since I already have a Synchrony provided card? I would really like to figure out a way to get my limit high enough to purchase it through financing; any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Welcome to MyFICO

Synchrony does give out credit limit increases and they do so on a regular basis so call 877-379-8173 and ask for more than you need for the purchase so that you won't max out the credit card if approved.  They will give you a counter offer if necessary.

Also having one Synchrony card does not prevent you from having another one or two.  Just don't go crazy with a ton of cards from them.  Apply for the credit limit increase first and use the second card option only if necessary.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 5
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I apply for a Guitar Center card if I already have a WWBW card, both run by Synchrony?

The only limit I have heard about with Synchrony is total exposure of $100,000 across all accounts.

Message 3 of 5
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

The only limit I have heard about with Synchrony is total exposure of $100,000 across all accounts.

Most of their cards also seem to have a $25K hard cap as well. Some (like Lowes) can go higher. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the warm welcome!

This will result in a hard pull, won't it? Which, I am okay with for the time being, as long as it doesn't knock my score don't 40 points. Does it seem kind of unlikely that they would grant me an increase that large? I only applied for the Synchrony WWBW card because they offer 12, 24, and 36 promotional financing to pay monthly without any interest as long as the balance is paid off in full by the end of the promotional period. I just don't have $5,000 to drop on a new sax at the moment, but certainly can afford to pay the $140 per month for 36 months.

Just curious, because I'm incredibly new to this, what exactly do I say when I call? That I'd like a credit limit increase for a particular product? And how much should I request, because I didn't know that the card would be considered maxed out if I chose the promotional financing period.That would adversely affect my score as well, wouldn't it? I'm sorry for all the questions.. Thank you for your help so far.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.