cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a Chase Disney credit card with a 733 credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get a Chase Disney credit card with a 733 credit score?

Hello to all,

I am new in this forum and I would like to see some opinions regarding chase disney credit card or other credit cards that are not included in the 5/24 rule.

My current Fico scores are: EX 733  TU 733  EQ 725

I currently have 4 inquiries on Experian, 12 on Transunion, and 13 on Equifax.

I have had my car loan with chase for 2 years and a half with 1 late payment ( 30 days and about 1 year and a half ago )

I have 6 new accounts on my Experian report and 11 months of average of credit being my wells fargo credit card the oldest credit card ( 2 years and 6 months )

My credit utilization is reportin 0% right now.

Do I have chances with them?

Thanks Smiley Happy

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I get a Chase Disney credit card with a 733 credit score?

Chase has likely modified the 5/24 rule recently to include all cards into the rule. Some recent datapoints show people getting declined for the cards used not to subject to 5/24 previously and the reason was too many new accounts.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks PlyStar93 I really want to have a chase credit card, but I think it would be a good idea if I wait until my credit cards pass the line of the 2 years and then apply, that way my accounts will be older and inquiries will fall of my reports Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase has likely modified the 5/24 rule recently to include all cards into the rule. Some recent datapoints show people getting declined for the cards used not to subject to 5/24 previously and the reason was too many new accounts.

Chase sure has become a jealous biotch lately.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does chase frequently pull Experian or they pull TU or EQ?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does chase frequently pull Experian or they pull TU or EQ?

Depends on the region, they pull both EX and TU for mine. I have also seen others here getting EQ+EX or other combinations too.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks PlyStar93 I really want to have a chase credit card, but I think it would be a good idea if I wait until my credit cards pass the line of the 2 years and then apply, that way my accounts will be older and inquiries will fall of my reports Smiley Happy

Waiting for a while would be better for the accounts to age. On a side note, I wonder if you have some specific reason to choose the Disney card, e.g. if you shop frequently at Disney. I would go with the Freedom+CSP/CSR route for the better value and flexibility of rewards in general.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont have a specific reason for the Disney card I thought about that one because it is a co-branded card so I thought it would probably be exluded from the 5/24 rule and a little easier to get.

My main card now is Barclaycard arrival plus and I really love it, but adding the CSP/CSR to my my wallet wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

A very recent datapoint:  Disney Denied - 5/24 Rule

Message 8 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Welcome @Anonymous!! And I would say this is a good safe approach.  When reading your post, the new accounts jumped out at me as a possible reason they would give to deny you.  After the dust settles and there isn't much new action on your reports, the timing may be a bit better.  

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you RonM21 I will wait for a year and play safe
I just opened my checking account with them today and chose the Disney debit card for now lol so I can stablish a stronger relationship with them
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.