cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Close CSP and Re-Apply For It Again Later?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Can You Close CSP and Re-Apply For It Again Later?

I've had my CSP for 4 years in August. When I first got it I was going to get the SUB--but was already in about $14K of CC debt and didn't want it to go higher--so I let it (the SUB) get away. I don't use the one I currently have much and am thinking of closing it and reapplying for it possibly in late July when I would be 4/24 again--or 3/24 if I don't get anything else before that. Can you re-app and be eligible for the SUB the second time? Or is it like AMEX--one SUB per card per lifetime?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Can You Close CSP and Re-Apply For It Again Later?

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I've had my CSP for 4 years in August. When I first got it I was going to get the SUB--but was already in about $14K of CC debt and didn't want it to go higher--so I let it (the SUB) get away. I don't use the one I currently have much and am thinking of closing it and reapplying for it possibly in late July when I would be 4/24 again--or 3/24 if I don't get anything else before that. Can you re-app and be eligible for the SUB the second time? Or is it like AMEX--one SUB per card per lifetime?

If you cancelled, it’s possible you could get it.

The terms say not available to current Sapphire customers... Then says not available to previous Sapphire customers who received a SUB in past 48 months.

Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@blindambition: That's what I was hoping to hear. Good to know--Thanks.

BUSINESS
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Would you consider downgrading to the freedom unlimited and then applying for a CSP/CSR?

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Zolomon: No I wouldn't want to downgrade. I have enough 1.5% and 2% cash back cards already.

BUSINESS
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.