Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone recommend new CC Fico 712 Transunion 739 Equifax 741

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can someone recommend new CC Fico 712 Transunion 739 Equifax 741

It seems like a clustering of cards based on the CL's they have been prgoressively getting larger as expected.

5K goal for an opening CL is a good place to start and your disdain for Cap1 is understandable if you're trying to grow your limits.

I'm not sure where you are but, I can think of some options that might work down the road when your scores and limits are higher than they are currently.  It seems like you're in that rutt where things are positive but just not doing much when you're expecting them to do so.  

I found plenty of growth on Amex / Disco by just putting a recurring bill on them and setting up autopay for the statement balance and ignoring them for daily spend.  Now that you have 2 Amex CREDIT cards you have to balance out which to CLI and just rebalance the CL online every once in awhile since you can only get a CLI now every 6 months per account holder.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

You have it summed up pretty well. I actually have Three AM EX cards total of 18K in credit (10K 4 and 4K)

Since my second Discover card "IT" only gave me a 1K limit (I called them to complain and they said call us back

in 3 mos and ask for a CL increase) I am DONE with Discover. 

Cap One- will not increase my 2K and 2,500 CL unless I show revolving USE monthly to show them I NEED their card.

I was denied the Quicksilver..so Im not eisking another CAP 1 Turn Down.

However-When I applied for MOST of those cards my Creditr score was only abpout696 I improved now to 741 on Equifax

and my FICO 8 is around 712-719 depending on which site I check

so wonder who might give me a FAIR CL of 3- 5K on a new card?

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't discount Disco so soon.  Mine's at 50K at this point as are a few others around here or even higher around the 70-80K mark if you have the income to support it.

Cap1 should just sit in a drawer as far as I'm concerned.  Others have great luck with them but I find them to be a little needy.

When were your last apps? What do your INQ's look like?  

I tend to focus on specific lenders that regularly pull a particular CR when applying.  I managed to snag 5 cards in 60 days w/ minimal denials mostly for out of area ge-resitricted apps and 1 for INQ's.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re going to continue to have problems as long as you keep reporting $0 balances. Not only does all cards at $0 hurt your FICO scores, it looks like you don’t use credit. Credit card companies don’t want to extend credit if you aren’t going to use it.

People who have the most success with credit cards don’t micromanage their utilization and just let things report and PIF or at the very least let one card report with a balance between 1-8.9% of the limit and then PIF that one each month.
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You’re going to continue to have problems as long as you keep reporting $0 balances. Not only does all cards at $0 hurt your FICO scores, it looks like you don’t use credit. Credit card companies don’t want to extend credit if you aren’t going to use it.

People who have the most success with credit cards don’t micromanage their utilization and just let things report and PIF or at the very least let one card report with a balance between 1-8.9% of the limit and then PIF that one each month.

I quit doing this ^^^^  years ago.  It's alot easier to let things report naturally once you have the limits where things aren't impacted as much by %'s each month.  Like I said earlier w/ Amex/Disco.. pick a bill and setup auto pay.  

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I quit doing this ^^^^  years ago.  It's alot easier to let things report naturally once you have the limits where things aren't impacted as much by %'s each month.  Like I said earlier w/ Amex/Disco.. pick a bill and setup auto pay.  

Yeah I have been micromanaging for a bit now and I’m going to slowly ease off of it now that I’ll be going into no debt territory so I don’t run into the same “you don’t use what you have” issue. 

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not a bad thing and it's what banks are looking for anyway because we're lower risk.  They always have the option of clawing back the CL anyway if they smell something funny going on.  Cap1 doesn't like transactors they like revovlers and most of the approvals are thin / rebuild vs thick mature 800+.  I suppose if you stick with them through a rebuilt into 800's they'll give you more options but, they really dont' like it when they know they won't make money on a SUB for a "new" customer.  

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last card was approved 2 weeks ago--which was  forThe THIRD am express card "Magnet" for a 4K limit

hard pulls are at "FOUR" with 2 of them slated to come off by SEPT 2020

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant TWO of the Hard pulls are slated to come off by SEPt 2019...this year. 

I understand the POINTS here--I should start setting up some AUTO PAYS on some of the cards

to start running some debt...rather than pay from bank accounts---pay direct via auto pay.

to increase Activitiy.   But I have found as as others have stated CAP 1 doesnt give you Much

of ANY REAL bumps in Credit Line even if you Use them..I will use Auto pay using some of

the other cards...

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You've seen cap1 in action already and unfortunately it doesn't seem like they're in any mood to give you a longer leash.  Concentrate on the others as they WILL grow with time and transactions.  It's going to take a bit of TIME to make things happen but, eventually you'll get that ball rolling from a stand still and momentum will keep it moving in the right direction.

As long as there is some activity each month the computer says ok, let's give this guy some more $ to spend if he chooses to.  I hardly put any spend (less than 5K/yr)  on Disco and grew it to 50K in about 2 years.  Same goes for Amex... started at 10K and got it to 50K w/ POI of course in a little over a year with the 3X CLI magic.  I split some of that off recently to pick up the CM card for the free cash they were offering for signing up but, considering pulling that CL back to the other card and throwing the CM in a drawer since I have other cards at 1.5% // 2% general spend.

BOA is another good grower if you can get in the door again with them.  Same story as the others but grew to 65K pretty quickly as well.  It got even easier to do with the switch from HP to SP CLI's last year.

Right now time is the biggest factor besides the BK on your reports.  The more time you spend pushing transactions through monthly the more things will improve CL, Score, etc.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.