cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Activate New Capital One Card, Got Call from Fraud Dep...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't Activate New Capital One Card, Got Call from Fraud Dep...

I recently was approved for a new Capital One credit card. This morning, I got a voicemail from the Capital One Fraud Department. I called back to the number on their website and they asked for my name, case number, birthday, and last four digits of my social. After a brief time on hold, the lady couldn't say exactly what was up but said I would be getting a verification form in the mail because of a "disrepancy in the system" and that I'll have to fill it out and mail it in.

My card came in the mail today and there is no way to activate it. It is not showing in my dashboard as an account either. I have two other cards with them plus a bank, savings, and money market account. I think she said it's a SSN verification form. Does that mean it was typed incorrectly or are they just verifying my activity?

I'm just wondering what to expect and if it's possible that I won't get the account after all.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't Activate New Capital One Card, Got Call from Fraud Dep...

I could be someone miskeyed your information or perhaps Cap1s fraud algorithm popped up an alert on review.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You won't know until you get the letter in the mail. I'm sure all it will all be cleared up shortly.
Congrats on your approval!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! I guess I'll have to wait and see, I was just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience. Hopefully it's just a precautionary measure and not in error Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Better to be safe than sorrySmiley Wink
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.