Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get the Apple Card??

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Can't get the Apple Card??

I've applied twice for the card and no go.  Funny thing is they always say you'll get a letter but nothing ever??  I have three cards; NFCU 30K, Paypal 10k, and USAA $1500, (Utilization @1% for all ).  I spend about 2k per month on NFCU alone.  My dti is 24% , income at about 60k, and scores low 8's.  I always unfreeze TU  before I apply, should I unfreeze  all of them and apply??   Am I not showing enough credit card utilization for GS??  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't get the Apple Card??

The letter is an email.  Check your spam 

Message 2 of 12
babbles
Established Contributor

is it from GS or apple??  also I've heard the inquiry is through TU in which I have one inquiry in the last months, I am  also trying to chat with GS now,   have never received an email from either,  the closet I've  come when I searched back was an  apple receipt for a  purchase and applebees

Message 3 of 12
justjac2
Regular Contributor

@babbles wrote:

is it from GS or apple??  also I've heard the inquiry is through TU in which I have one inquiry in the last months, I am  also trying to chat with GS now,   have never received an email from either,  the closet I've  come when I searched back was an  apple receipt for a  purchase and applebees

Mine were from Apple Card Support, subject "Your Apple Card application status". 

FICO 8 scores Nov/Jan 2021: EQ 779/751, TU 750/770, EX 763/746 Fully recovered from 5-year Ch13 discharged July 2018.
Last recorded: FNBO Evergreen and PSECU Founder's Card Dec 2021. Seriously out of date, at least 10 more since then.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have u tried freezing your ChexSystems, this works for some people, since GS pulls this but approves even when it's frozen and they can't see it

Message 5 of 12
babbles
Established Contributor

I'm learning something  new today, what is the Chex system?  Is this card geared to subprime borrowers?

Message 6 of 12
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@babbles wrote:

I'm learning something  new today, what is the Chex system?  Is this card geared to subprime borrowers?

No. Per their website: Chex Systems, Inc. ( ChexSystems) is a nationwide specialty consumer reporting agency under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). ChexSystems' clients regularly contribute information on closed checking and savings accounts.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 7 of 12
babbles
Established Contributor

Finally found out the denials were going to my icloud account  and this is what  the reason for denials are:

Thank you for your interest in Apple Card. Goldman Sachs Bank USA has reviewed your application, and it was not approved at this time because:

• Your debt is too high relative to your income - examples may include loan or credit card balances

your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your consumer report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your consumer report changes.

Your credit score as of January 3, 2020: 815

Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850.

Learn more

This decision will not impact your credit score.

Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:

• Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high
  • Length of time accounts have been established
  • Too many accounts with balances

I  did speak with GS support today and they could not verify a specific range  for the debt  to income

Maybe 24% dti is too high but they couldn't verify that and my score  today is 826 so I'll cut my loses and try somewhere else!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

can you list your debts and your income?

Message 9 of 12
tech-d
Valued Member

Maybe your credit score is too high for them? They approved mine in November for $1500 when my score was in the 630s b/c of 73% utilization.

Now I'm in the 650s with ~%68ish util and no CLI love with the higher score even though this is 1 of my 2 primary cards. I have to PIF more than once per month because of the low limit.

TU (Discover App): 783
EX (EX website): 768

EQ (EQ website): 800
American Express Platinum NPSL || BofA Amtrak $12k || Citi Premier $9k || Disc: $8.5k || HSBC: $8.25k || Target MC: $5k || Apple: $5.5k || American Express Blue Cash Preferred $5k || American Express Delta Gold $5k || Saks: $4k || Amazon: $2.4k || Cap1: $2.5k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.