cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you appeal a Chase CLI declined request?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you appeal a Chase CLI declined request?

I got decline a CLI increase on my chase freedom (only has $500 CL). They denied me saying "recent insufficient funds occurrences on your chase deposit account". Which was a return payment because I accidently picked a closed checkign account to make a payment.

I got a CSP with 5k limit and think the freedom card is way to low.

Anyone know if you can call and appeal or recon a declined CLI? lol

I also don't get why they had to pull my credit to tell me that -__-

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Can you appeal a Chase CLI declined request?

You can call and speak with a credit analyst to recon, but unless your entire credit profile and history with them are immaculate it can be very difficult to get approved.  It often results in an additional pull and they can quickly put you on the defensive, so be prepared for that if you want to try.

Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Think it would be a waste of your time....  Chase doesn't like bounced checks very much whether a mistake or whatever.. I would be deleting that account from your profile so it doesn't happen again as Chase has been known to close accounts for bounced checks.  I would chalk it off as lucky they didn't do that to you being your Freedom/CSP or all cards you have with them.

Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dont poke the Monsta, not worth the risk of closure (s) imo
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I an understand if you wrote a check, and it was returnd due to NSF. However, in the digital world, and because of human error a wrong number can be typed. It's called and accident/mistake, an honest one. People miss-type all the time.

IMO, they  should get diffent codes for different return reasons etc. 

That said, I don't recall this issue ever happening to me. I double check the info before submission, and a;wasy make a test payment before it's a problem. Then it's alwasy stored it them. I am genuinely surprised at how often I see posts about this happening to people.

Message 5 of 6
nitrov
Established Contributor

I would only recommend you trying to recon IF you have over $10-15k in deposits or retirement accounts with Chase. If you do, there’s a special reconsideration process they can do from a branch, if you do not, as others stated, I would wait and reapp for another CLI when the NSF payment is 6 months behind you and you make all your other payments without issue.

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.