cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get blackballled by a CC company? How to find out?

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Can you get blackballled by a CC company? How to find out?

@captain9 wrote:

I have gotten a hard pull inquiry from them on my Equifax. I guess I just wait and see. 

This is second "denial" from a CC company in two months. Did they change criteria after this pandemic started? 

I'm literally perfect in my credit journey and I never used to get denied for any card I applied for before 

Why are you applying anyways? You said you were going to do some big million dollar real estate purchase. These apps can't be helping on top of constantly changing jobs.

Message 11 of 13
captain9
Established Member

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@captain9 wrote:

I have gotten a hard pull inquiry from them on my Equifax. I guess I just wait and see. 

This is second "denial" from a CC company in two months. Did they change criteria after this pandemic started? 

I'm literally perfect in my credit journey and I never used to get denied for any card I applied for before 

Why are you applying anyways? You said you were going to do some big million dollar real estate purchase. These apps can't be helping on top of constantly changing jobs.

Haha yeah I was last month but after watching the market/houses and putting in some offers. Its waaay too crazy right now. I am happy with my small house. 

Now to enjoy some nice vacay, courtesy of CC points. And I change jobs as a fed contractor, whoever pays me more, gets my allegiance for (12 months)

EDIT: Whoa, hell has frozen over! Chase just emailed me with the "you've been approved", no mention of the card or the credit line. 

790s credit score. 10+ cards. 100k + CLs. 1% Utilization. On chase's hit list. I was captain5-8 and now 9, because I cant reset the password on this site easily. Horrible UI please update, its been 4 years since Ive been on this site.
Message 12 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on mystery approval.

Feel free to start an approval thread when you know the details. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.