Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 CLI at 9 Months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap 1 CLI at 9 Months?

I did it!

Closed my four smallest SCT cards out of the ten I have. thet are $250/$300/$350/$500

Out of the last six, 5 are $1K and one is $2.5K. I will definitely use the 2.5K card and one of the 4K. At the end of October when I can request my first CLI and 2nd card with NFCU, and if I am successful, I will close the last 4. I dont want to do it yet because it will drop my total CL too much.

Anticipating another charge off to drop this month off of TU which I'm hoping will give my score another boost of 20+,just showed this morning off of EQ, guess that was the nice score increase I had Friday on EQ. Then I am anticipaiting my tax lien to fall off EQ since I am waiting for their reaponse from CFPB complaint. was successful already with TU last week and it came off of EX just by bringing it to their attention!

Things are moving along nicely.

Scores in 2015 were hovering between 390/400

Today all Fico 8

EQ: 637

EX: 639

TU: 644

Looking for increases in EQ and TU this month

And for what it's worth today when I checked CK rather than a Cap 1 or other subprime suggesstion, they are showing fair approval odds for Chase FU! I won't app until it shows good or very good. Still nothing showing on any card prequal for any majors.

Happy Labor Day!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ck is  good for some things but their approval odds are terrible. Based on  their odds DW and I don't quaify for any of the cards we have including her Amex BCP $20K limit.

Virtually no body uses their scoring system. 

Message 12 of 17
Caleb87
New Contributor

Ck was rightvon bout my wofe wnd i cwpital one cards but let me down on walmart card. You can always go to thier pre qual sites and check with the actual bank itself
Message 13 of 17
Jimp2323
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Cap 1 typically auto increase at the 9 moth mark? Opened QS1 December, requested CLI via luv button April granted $100, auto increase 6 months from $400 to $750. Wondering if I should anticipate auto increase next week or if I should request?

I'd never anticipate an auto CLI with any lender.  I may be mistaken but I believe that with CapitalOne, you need to wait 6 months between user requested CLIs so you may have to wait until October before you can request one.

So auto-increases don't reset the clock?  Nice to hear.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So after hours of reading posts about Chase FU approvals and scores etc. I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger (way against my better judgement).

The app went into a "under review" status... Ok, had a glimmer of hope!

I called the recon number this morning and really thought I was going to come out victorious. After several questions about outstanding baddies and income information, I was almost positive she was coming back to approve me.

Then, she asked if I had ever filed BK and I had back in 06. Off credit report for a few years now. She asked me about the Chase Slate card I had (but I never did). She said it was a charge off and that I was the primary card holder. I advised that I was just an AU on the account and it wasn't my account. She said it was connected to my SS and I was showing as the primary card holder. She said based on the other few things on my report they couldn't approve me for the card....UGH, I WAS RIGHT THERE!

She gave me a number to the department that handles this. I am skeptical about calling as I don't want to chance anything showing back up on my report.

That said, they pulled EX and I was at 639. The siliver lining in this whole debacle is that my score jumped +22 points today bringing my EX to 661. Now I'm kicking myself for not waiting. Wonder if the increased score would have moved them for an approval without all of the digging!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Cap 1 typically auto increase at the 9 moth mark? Opened QS1 December, requested CLI via luv button April granted $100, auto increase 6 months from $400 to $750. Wondering if I should anticipate auto increase next week or if I should request?

I think Cap 1 CLI is every 6 mos after credit steps.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

@Irish80

So, a week ago when I started this thread I took your advice and immediately closed the four smallest of my (10) Comenity SCT store cards.

Yesterday morning I had an alert from EX that there was a change to my report. I was pleasantly surprised to see that one of the four had already reported! The alert noted that there was a "loan paid and closed at consumers request, 0 balance", "this may positively impact your credit score"! This morning, I received the alert again, however today it was for the remaining 3 and each said the same "loan paid and closed at consumers request, 0 balance", "this may positively impact your credit score"! 

My EX is set to refresh in 3 days. I can't wait to see if my score takes another nice jump!

Also, as I wrote this last week my EX took a jump up to 639 and after I wrote it, the next day it took another nice jump up to 660! Wondering if these recent updates could potentially propel me to 700?! Wow would that be awesome.

October 31 is my first NFCU 91+ if I receive a decent enough CLI, I will go ahead and cancel out 4 more SCT cards at $1K each.

Thank you for the great advice @Irish80. Fingers crossed I reach my first "GOOD" credit score in 12 years!

It's been a long road back from losing everything to a stage IV cancer that I only had 10% chance of survival with. Who knows, maybe my dream of owning a home again will really come true!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.