Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 Confuses me

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Cap 1 Confuses me

@Anonymous wrote:

May I ask what CC you reccomend above their low-tiered cards (I have Quicksilver & the Walmart MC). If you happen to know...

Or you can go with a different lender? Not sure why you want more cards with CO, there are others banks out there..........................

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

May I ask what CC you reccomend above their low-tiered cards (I have Quicksilver & the Walmart MC). If you happen to know...

Or you can go with a different lender? Not sure why you want more cards with CO, there are others banks out there..........................

@Jnbmom I wondered the same but figured maybe they had reasons...

@Anonymous if you're open to other lenders feel free to provide details about your main spend categories and members can suggest some great options for you Smiley Happy 

Message 12 of 18
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

I had the same issue. After not getting an increase on my bucketed $500 Cap One Quicksilver, I applied for the SavorOne. They gave me a starting limit of $3000. I have my HBO Max subscription going to the card. They only reason I'm keeping it open is to see if they will increase the limit in a couple of months.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shadanat wrote:

I had the same issue. After not getting an increase on my bucketed $500 Cap One Quicksilver, I applied for the SavorOne. They gave me a starting limit of $3000. I have my HBO Max subscription going to the card. They only reason I'm keeping it open is to see if they will increase the limit in a couple of months.

Hi and thanks for the info! Did they make you close your Quicksilver before letting you app for the Savor? I have 2 cards with Cap 1 already (besides retail cards), the Walmart MC and Quicksilver. 
Also can you tell me what your score was when you were approved for the Savor? Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

No they didn't make me close the Quicksilver One. I was approved for the SavorOne (the one without the annual fee). There was a $200 sign up bonus if you spend $500 in the first 3 months. That was appealing to me.

My FICO8 are

EX: 674

EQ: 680

TU: 689

Message 15 of 18
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@shadanat wrote:

Hi and thanks for the info! Did they make you close your Quicksilver before letting you app for the Savor? I have 2 cards with Cap 1 already (besides retail cards), the Walmart MC and Quicksilver. 
Also can you tell me what your score was when you were approved for the Savor? Smiley Happy

The rule of 2 only applies when applying for their sub-prime cards: Secured, Platinum, QS1, and Journey. They have a rule of 5 when applying for their prime cards: Venture, Savor, QS, V1, and S1. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 16 of 18
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Retail and co-beanded cards aren't included in the two and five card limits mentioned by @Ficoproblems247.

Message 17 of 18
nwa479
Regular Contributor

I have two Cap One cards, one a subprime QS1 and the other is a QS.   I'm assuming I'll no longer be restricted to two cards since I'd only apply for prime cars now. I started with two Platinum cards with 300 limit each in 2017. Got them to change one to a QS at some point.  I didn't realize the difference between QS and QS1 until researching on this forum earlier this year.  Recently they auto increased my QS from 1k to 4K CL but left the QS1 at $1450.  It's been there for 3 years. 

I probably won't apply for another Cap One card anyway.   Waiting until completion of a mortgage loan then will look for other cards with good cash back options.  

Active cards

Goal Cards (Gardening until April 24)

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.