Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 denials - based on old credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 denials - based on old credit score

So I haven't gotten a CLI from Cap 1 for my Quicksilver since it graduated from a Platinum 8 or so months ago, or my Walmart MC, which is about a year old. 
Love buttoned it and was denied - upon looking, I see they are basing the denial off too many recent inquiries (can't do anything about that I know), but also an Equifax credit score of 622 but from almsot 2 months ago (2/23/21)
Is it worth it to call in for a recon based on current scores? My scores have improved to about 680 with Equifax now. 
Or do they do a SP about every 2 months and I should therefore wait until after 4/23 to check again? TIA

3 REPLIES 3
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap 1 denials - based on old credit score

Sorry about the denial! Lenders who do SP CLI requests typically use reports that are 2-3 months old. Always plan that into CLI timing.

HP results in fresh pull, but SP will be from their last internal pull. Older reports are more economical to lender, who isn't paying CRA for fresh report.
ETA: Cap One won't recon CLI decision.

Message 2 of 4
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Call and find out when your next account review is. That will produce a fresh score. Front-line reps will have that information.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.