Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Prequal on Savor Card

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Cap One Prequal on Savor Card

So I got prequalification invite while checking the Cap One site for the Savor One card......got solid interest offer and hit the button.  Then, boom here comes the 7-10 day message.....I like the card not only for the 3% on dining but entertainment is also included.  Is this usually a denial ?....MyFico EQ 756, TU 778, EX 782; income north of 160K.  Seems like the prequal is not so solid for me

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One Prequal on Savor Card

@ecxpa wrote:

So I got prequalification invite while checking the Cap One site for the Savor One card......got solid interest offer and hit the button.  Then, boom here comes the 7-10 day message.....I like the card not only for the 3% on dining but entertainment is also included.  Is this usually a denial ?....MyFico EQ 756, TU 778, EX 782; income north of 160K.  Seems like the prequal is not so solid for me

Congrats on the Savor One.

Message 2 of 18
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

Err....I didn't get instant approval....got the "we will let you know" reply

Message 3 of 18
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

Err....I didn't get instant approval....got the "we will let you know" reply

err must drink coffee faster. sending good vibes and speaking it to existence! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@ecxpa wrote:

Could be verification. Call them and see if they need something from you. 

If it's verification, often it's just a matter of sending a text or uploading document or two 

Good luck 

Message 5 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Your stats look good. I'll add an early congratulations on your approval too!
Message 6 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I mean, assuming no derogs, low util, and long history, I'd say it's probably an approval.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 18
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I have one 30 day late that occurred during hurricane last year  and Kohls won't remove it.....other than that I have no baddies.......AAOA is about 6 years......util is < 3 %........guess I'll have to wait it out.  Had some plans to use it a lot during Thanksgiving weekend for dining a large party of about 50 people

Message 8 of 18
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

I would definitely give Capital one a call it could be Verification! fingers crossed for you and I will give an early Congratulations !
Message 9 of 18
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

I echo what everyone has said; give them a call either to the number on the response or backdoor and see if you can expedite the process.
The only thing I can think of is that Kohl’s is issued by Cap1 so they may be holding that 30D against you in the algorithm.
Good luck! Here’s hoping all is well!

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.