Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Venture Denial?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Venture Denial?

Good to know Donny, thanks for sharing your experience.  I hope that will happen the same with me, I am okay with 3k and up.  I want to dump a few crappy cards who I have 0 balances on (First Premier and Credit one) if I get approved for Venture.  May hurt my AAOA since I have had Credit one for nearly a year.

Message 11 of 20
Believe1970
Regular Contributor

Mortgage:

Auto Loan:

Credit Cards:
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know Donny, thanks for sharing your experience.  I hope that will happen the same with me, I am okay with 3k and up.  I want to dump a few crappy cards who I have 0 balances on (First Premier and Credit one) if I get approved for Venture.  May hurt my AAOA since I have had Credit one for nearly a year.

This will help you. On Monday call 800-903-9177. Ask to speak to a rep. This will help you along!!

Message 13 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I've seen many recent 7-10 day approvals. You can certainly call and see what happens, but it may very well work out for you!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated:

I called this morning, the # that Donny listed (thanks for that).  She went over some basic information with me, put me on hold for 2 minutes, came back and stated that I was approved for $10k, expect it in 10 business days.  I am pretty happy about this!  I know some may hate Cap One, but this is my largest CL.  Now, I am wondering if I should cancel my First Premier and Credit one cards that have 0 balances and about 1500 credit limit between the two.  The only thing is, Credit one has been on my file for over a year, wonder if that will hurt my age of accounts since my profile is pretty thin anyways.  I may have to start a thread about this and see what others think!  Thanks all for the replies and the help!

Message 15 of 20
manew57
Valued Member

Congrats on the Approval!   And let them babies fly away!

Message 16 of 20
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Updated:

I called this morning, the # that Donny listed (thanks for that).  She went over some basic information with me, put me on hold for 2 minutes, came back and stated that I was approved for $10k, expect it in 10 business days.  I am pretty happy about this!  I know some may hate Cap One, but this is my largest CL.  Now, I am wondering if I should cancel my First Premier and Credit one cards that have 0 balances and about 1500 credit limit between the two.  The only thing is, Credit one has been on my file for over a year, wonder if that will hurt my age of accounts since my profile is pretty thin anyways.  I may have to start a thread about this and see what others think!  Thanks all for the replies and the help!

It won't hurt your AAOA initially because that closed account will stay on your report for more than 7 years and that's when it will affect it, but by that time you will have others that would have aged.

Message 17 of 20
dwayne4607
Valued Member

Thank you guys so much for the information!  Knowing I would be flying at least three times in the coming year and having no travel rewards cards, I apped for the Venture One card on Sunday, July 31 and got the same 7-10 day message.  I'm heavy on inquiries and new accounts, so I wasn't sure how it would go.  I called the number that Donny listed today and found out that I was approved for 10K!  YAY!  More proof that the 7-10 day message not only is NOT a denial, but that a generous credit line is also possible!  

Message 18 of 20
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@dwayne4607 wrote:

Thank you guys so much for the information!  Knowing I would be flying at least three times in the coming year and having no travel rewards cards, I apped for the Venture One card on Sunday, July 31 and got the same 7-10 day message.  I'm heavy on inquiries and new accounts, so I wasn't sure how it would go.  I called the number that Donny listed today and found out that I was approved for 10K!  YAY!  More proof that the 7-10 day message not only is NOT a denial, but that a generous credit line is also possible!  

I'm glad it worked out for you....How many cards do you have your signature line is extensive.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 19 of 20
dwayne4607
Valued Member

I had to take a minute and update it because there were about 7 I hadn't added yet....I have 58.  Swear to goodness, I'm heading to the garden....got my sunblock on and everything....

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.