cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1-NO human customer service. Algorithms only.

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Cap1-NO human customer service. Algorithms only.

@Anonymous wrote:

@TaperRandyYes, the option is available if I have my Platinum at zero balance, and take a hit on my oldest account age. 

Combining limits, closing accounts, etc. has no bearing at all on your AoOA.

+100 

Absolutely correct, I really don't know why so many people think a credit report ONLY scores current open accounts yet open and closed accounts stay on your report for 7 years.... go figure.

Message 21 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Friendly reminder - all posts must be Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful... it's not optional here.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

BrutalBodyShots is correct.  An account that is closed in good standing remains on your credit report for 10 years.  Meanwhile the open accounts will age for those 10 years too so when the closed account eventually drops off your credit reports there is minimal or no impact on AAoA.  

This is because AAoA is calculated in months then converted to years for ease of understanding.  A closed account will contribute 120 months of age.  Six currently open accounts that remain open for the next 10 years will contribute 720 months of age.  So the aging from the open accounts cancel out the closed account due to the larger numerator.

@TaperRandy wrote:

So, closing your oldest account (In this case, the aforementioned Cap Plat I had used as an example to the OP) has NO bearing on your AoOA! Well, you've reinvented the credit universe as we've all come to understand it. Congrats. Looking forward to the global FICO announcement. 

p.s.  You do understand that when combining two accounts that one of them no longer is an account, hence...it becomes, a closed account?? Yeah, you knew that. 

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TaperRandySo, closing your oldest account (In this case, the aforementioned Cap Plat I had used as an example to the OP) has NO bearing on your AoOA! Well, you've reinvented the credit universe as we've all come to understand it. Congrats. Looking forward to the global FICO announcement. 

p.s.  You do understand that when combining two accounts that one of them no longer is an account, hence...it becomes, a closed account?? Yeah, you knew that. 

Several other knowledgeable members have already replied to your post I quoted above, so I'll just instead offer you a little friendly advice.

I see you've only been a member here for 1 week, TaperRandy.  This isn't the first thread that you've come across as incredibly abrasive, nor is it the first thread that you've been referenced the TOS by the moderators.  I'd simply suggest taking a slightly different approach here.  Look, we want you here and hope you enjoy your stay.  This forum is comprised of a great group of people, almost all of which have something positive to offer.  I've been a member for 2 years and am still learning something new every day, while trying to pass along the knowledge I've acquired along the way.  If there's something that doesn't make sense or doesn't sound right to you, just ask; "Why?" questions are a great thing.  A softer approach here rather than an abrasive one will result in a win-win for both you and the other forum members.

Message 24 of 27
kshurika
Frequent Contributor

Just saw this and if I could just throw in my two cents: I've been here a little bit longer than a week - but not by much. On at least two occasions I've posted info that I got from people I thought were experts. In both cases, that info was wrong. Not only was my mistake pointed out to me here, but I was also told why I should not have believed those "experts"; I was told why my info was wrong and, finally, I was given the right info. I can only consider that a total victory. I became a little bit more expert than I had been before, courtesy of this forum. It was all done politely. I've got nothing to bitch about.
Message 25 of 27
TaperRandy
Regular Contributor

To the self proclaimed pugilist: Thanks for clearing that up for me. I like when I'm offered "advice and suggestions" from a forum guru. The broadening of my horizons I'm sure, will be enlightening and limitless. Were you aware that Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in one game for Polk High? Just as important. I implore you. Discover the knowledge.

Gotta go. Wags at Axe Capital wants me to hang out and talk Billions.

EQ: 759 ; EXP: 797 ; TU: 758
BOA Cash Rewards:$27,000 ; BOA Business Cash Rewards:$30,000 ; AMEX PLATINUM BUSINESS-Open; Amex Business Blue- $30,000; AMEX Everyday Preferred: $30,000; Venture One:$11,750 ; QuickSilver:$10,500 ; CFU: $6,000 ; Home Depot: $15,000 ; Lowe's: $25,000 ; AMEX Business Plum: Open ; Discover It: $13,500; Elan Financial; $14,500; Citi Diamond Preferred-$11,000; CitiBusiness AAdvantage; $7,000; SYNC Welcome Home-$25,000
Message 26 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread has already had moderator warning it is now closed to further comments. FSR is not an option, all must abide by there is no other way.
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.