Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Toy Card and Luv Button

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 Toy Card and Luv Button

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous: it does make sense because Capital One doesn't allow a CLI for 6 months after a CLI request OR a PC.

IF you want to PC/upgrade, do a CLI request BEFORE requesting PC/upgrade.

I should have! But what happened was that I called them, TWICE, before even going ahead with the product change and asked them if upgrading the card would hamper any eligibility for a CLI and I saved both Chats. Both CSR's said product changing would not affect my eligibility so I went with it. I did send them a letter with my argument on that and included both transcripts and how it does not coincide with their policies. Hopefully, I would get a callback from their EO resolutions dept. I am not hoping for any favorable results, but just for them to clarify these policies with their employees across the board. It's a bit annoying. 

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous: it does make sense because Capital One doesn't allow a CLI for 6 months after a CLI request OR a PC.

I didn't request the upgrade - they did it all by themselves. Maybe I should tell them to keep the upgradte and give me the CLI in its place?
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't request the upgrade - they did it all by themselves. Maybe I should tell them to keep the upgradte and give me the CLI in its place?

Best way to get some results would be to request for EO Intervention. If you call customer service as to get transferred to a supervisor. They can submit a request to their Executive resolutions dept. to call you back. I have yet to receive any callback, since they said it may take about 3-5 business days, but Im giving them the benefit of the doubt to see if they will follow through.  If they do, you can explain to them about wanting to use the card more, but the miniscule CL is not warranting any usage from you. 

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you think would happen if I sent the card back with a letter telling them that a $529 CL is more of an insult than a credit line and if they want to return the card to me with a CL I can use rather than run into Utilization issues after buying a tank of gas that would be fine, otherwise who the heck needs a $529 CL. With mid 700 scores I really should be getting better CLs than $529.

Message 14 of 24
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

With Capital One, a product change doesn't change CLI eligibility. Nothing changes except for the product itself.

The best way to coax a CLI out of Capital One is to use the card. Ramping up its usage in the two to three months prior to a CLI request should do the trick. If necessary, make mid-cycle payments during this time to keep your utilization in check.

Call customer service to see exactly when you're eligible for a CLI. They'll know that. Also ask if you happen to be in the Credit Steps program. Credit Steps offers a couple of small CLIs at designated intervals on Captial One cards with low limits.

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was first building credit I got a QS1 card with a $300 cli. Capital one has a program called credit steps where they will automatically increase your CL at month 5 and at month 11. For me it went from $300 to $500 at month 5 and $500 to $1000 at month 11. Call and ask if they have you in the program. Obviously you still have to show perfect payment history and lower utilization in order to get the auto CLI
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you think would happen if I sent the card back with a letter telling them that a $529 CL is more of an insult than a credit line and if they want to return the card to me with a CL I can use rather than run into Utilization issues after buying a tank of gas that would be fine, otherwise who the heck needs a $529 CL. With mid 700 scores I really should be getting better CLs than $529.

Best action ever! 

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think those of us who started out as secured cards, are automatically part of the credit steps, which is why we received auto limit increases on the 5th statements. I called in just now and spoke to one of their escalation agents, who then me to one of her supervisors, who took all of my feedback. And was advised that my prior contact with them was already submitted to the Executive resolutions dept. and will be receiving a callback from them soon. I did not know that these cases would have to be assigned to a specific ER officer. But I will update with data, and hopefully favorable news once I receive a callback. 

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think those of us who started out as secured cards, are automatically part of the credit steps, which is why we received auto limit increases on the 5th statements. I called in just now and spoke to one of their escalation agents, who then me to one of her supervisors, who took all of my feedback. And was advised that my prior contact with them was already submitted to the Executive resolutions dept. and will be receiving a callback from them soon. I did not know that these cases would have to be assigned to a specific ER officer. But I will update with data, and hopefully favorable news once I receive a callback. 

I should be able to see if this is the case this month -- although I did a whopper of a secured card limit.

Applied for Cap One back in March -- prequalified for Platinum or Platinum Secured.  Went for the secured variety so I could get a strong SL ($3000 max deposit).

Sent the full deposit and by May they sent me the card.  My account opening day is May 2 2017 or something like that.

Statements were May, June, August, September (nothing in July because I changed my payment date) -- 4 statements.

October's statement cuts around the 11th and CRAs should update a few days after.

Will be interesting to see if they send me any CLI or not for Credit Steps.  I never received an email about it on the Platinum Secured but my much newer QS1 did in fact get the email saying I was enrolled.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crap1 made it official today - no CLI. Their card will be growing cobwebs in my sock drawer for the next decade or so. At least there is no AF. THe moment they put in an AF this card is ashes.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.