Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 Toy Card and Luv Button

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Cap1 Toy Card and Luv Button

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous: it does make sense because Capital One doesn't allow a CLI for 6 months after a CLI request OR a PC.

IF you want to PC/upgrade, do a CLI request BEFORE requesting PC/upgrade.

Just a note that this might be the case with secure card upgrades, but it's YMMV with PCs.

Many on here - myself included - have been able to get a CLI on a Capital One card after a PC without having to wait six months.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

It maybe UncleB. The problem with Capital One and my argument with them was, there were no clear policies or restrictions to recently graduated secured card accounts. Prior to requesting I had called twice to confirm if the recent graduation on my account would make me ineligible to request for a CLI and the agents whom I had spoken to and chatted with both said no. It does not affect my eligibility. I am waiting for someone from the Executive resolutions dept. to contact me about the concern I raised with one of the managers about it. If something good comes out of it, I'll make sure to report back.
Message 22 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
It maybe UncleB. The problem with Capital One and my argument with them was, there were no clear policies or restrictions to recently graduated secured card accounts. Prior to requesting I had called twice to confirm if the recent graduation on my account would make me ineligible to request for a CLI and the agents whom I had spoken to and chatted with both said no. It does not affect my eligibility. I am waiting for someone from the Executive resolutions dept. to contact me about the concern I raised with one of the managers about it. If something good comes out of it, I'll make sure to report back.

I agree that they really should be more clear with their policies; hopefully you'll have success with the EO.

The point I was making is that it's inaccurate to conflate a PC with an upgrade from secured to unsecured, since they aren't treated the same when it comes to CLIs.

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree that they really should be more clear with their policies; hopefully you'll have success with the EO.

The point I was making is that it's inaccurate to conflate a PC with an upgrade from secured to unsecured, since they aren't treated the same when it comes to CLIs.

I didn't ask to graduate - they graduated me. If their decision to graduate me makes me inelligible for a CLI then their card will grow old and grey in my sock drawer as I can only use it to the extent of $47.61 which makes it pretty useless beyond a tank of gas, assuming I keep my Util at 9% or less. I figure it will take at least a $5,000 CL to get their card ou of my sock drawer, giving me use of $450.00 from the card. Below that it's just an ornament on a Christmas Tree.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.