Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 finally want me

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Cap1 finally want me

I just check cardmatch by cc.com,and cap 1 cc pop up everywhere. Both Venture, prestige, QS x2, platinum... But no thanks. They denied me back when i was just started my cc journey in 2013,while all others approved me, so im still holding a grudge against them

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Cap1 finally want me

Card match.com not really reliable. The best are when you get pre qualified on the actual card sites.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

At one time I had five Cap1 Personal and two Cap1 Business Cards with CLs of $10K+ and kicked all of them to the curb with a "closed at consumers request." Never again!
Message 3 of 7
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@ArmyVietVet wrote:
At one time I had five Cap1 Personal and two Cap1 Business Cards with CLs of $10K+ and kicked all of them to the curb with a "closed at consumers request." Never again!

You closed your accounts?why if you dont mind?

Message 4 of 7
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Nothing wrong with holding a CC Grudge! Smiley Mad  You do remember those that gave you a chance when you were in your struggles, so more power to you!  

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

You closed your accounts?why if you dont mind?

They increased my 7.9% Aprs (had for years) to 23.9% 2009 during the financial crisis and gave me a lot of verbalized nonsense. My accounts were paid in full. They told me it was a business decision (so was my closing the accounts). Also, two of the accounts were business accounts and in 2009 they decided to report them to the personal credit bureaus and informed me it was a business decision (so was my closing the accounts). They all report as "satisfactory paid" and "closed by the consumer." At this time I have many great banks and high credit lines/limits so there is no need for more accounts. Cap1 offer some good card products today but, not so much when I closed my accounts in 2009. Actually, I have acquired several accounts that earn rewards in the 5% categories and I am utilizing them (likely wouldn't Cap1 anyway - even though they have good cards). They did give me a start but in 2009 they tended to not grow with a card holder (way better today). Times were different. No regrets Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bigbang91 wrote:

I just check cardmatch by cc.com,and cap 1 cc pop up everywhere. Both Venture, prestige, QS x2, platinum... But no thanks. They denied me back when i was just started my cc journey in 2013,while all others approved me, so im still holding a grudge against them

Cardmatch Cap1 prequals are garbage. Cardmatch showed I was prequal for Venture, VentureOne, QS, so to jump on the Venture bonanza I applied.

Instant denial.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.