cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 sent me a Platinum MasterCard mailer Why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 sent me a Platinum MasterCard mailer Why?

So Cap1 sent me a Platinum MasterCard mailer. I also don't understand why when awhile ago they said they were not going to focus on trying to get new customers? I figure they would accept applications but not send out pre-qulified mailers. 

No, I'm not going to apply since it's a junk pointless card but still it's curious why they are sending them out. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Cap1 sent me a Platinum MasterCard mailer Why?

Credit issuers aren't going to stop their marketing of  junk mail they send out.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Credit issuers aren't going to stop their marketing junk mail they send out.

Nailed It!

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sometimes a mailer  is just a mailer. You just happen to meet the requirements that this mailer fit .

Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Also to add, with only 2 credit cards, you are a perfect fit for A Capitol  One product. They may feel you are in need of more credit.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Also to add, with only 2 credit cards, you are a perfect fit for A Capitol  One product. They may feel you are in need of more credit.

They had a chance back in October and said No. Smiley Happy 

If this was a Saver One or something I'd might consider it. But seriously who would want to take a triple pull for a entry level cap1 card with no cash back and higher APR then the cards you already have with mid 700 scores? Kind of a joke IMO. The discover offer i was given awhile ago was miles better then this. 

Message 6 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If this was a Saver One or something I'd might consider it. But seriously who would want to take a triple pull for a entry level cap1 card with no cash back and higher APR then the cards you already have with mid 700 scores? Kind of a joke IMO. The discover offer i was given awhile ago was miles better then this. 

Unfortunately,  alot of people. Just look at this forum athow many people have Cap One cards with/ without rewards who are always trying to upgrade etc. I myself wouldnt tske 3 hps for any Cap One product becsuse i know better based off what ive learned here, that and trying to get a cli is like pulling teeth lol, but seeing as Cap One normally will approve almost anyone, people will always go for one regardless of reward structure since i guess it beats going the Credit One route. 

Message 7 of 10
gorgon
Established Contributor

And you could possibly PC it to a Quicksilver and get 1.5% CB.

Message 8 of 10
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Some people just don't know any better. I didn't know anything about the card when I applied, trying to get my foot back into the credit world. It suited my needs until I found better cards (& this forum). But you can't blame Capital One for trying. That's their job. 

Message 9 of 10
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Some people just don't know any better. I didn't know anything about the card when I applied, trying to get my foot back into the credit world. It suited my needs until I found better cards (& this forum). But you can't blame Capital One for trying. That's their job. 

This was me also. It was my first CC in 23 years. Got the card and then found this amazing forum. I PC'ed it to a Quicksilver after 100 days, so not to bad except for low SL.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.