Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1 Cli letter help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital 1 Cli letter help

I requested cli and it said I'm not eligible because there was recently a change and I'll receive a letter. I've always got denial and they said nothing like that in the past.... any idea why it's different?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RSX
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital 1 Cli letter help

age of the existing card?

when was the last CLI?

utilization on the card at the time of asking?

amount of spend in the last 6 months?

with these we can make a guess, until you get the letter

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Sorry to hear about the CLI denial. I just wanted to point out a few things, now might not be the best time to request a CLI with Capital One. They have recently been lowering credit limits of customers to their "delight."

- Usually you can apply for a cli every 6 months, it should be a soft pull.

- Cap One can be difficult to get a cli from because they like to see heavy usage before granting an increase. Even then the increase might be modest (recently people have reported getting a 100 increase).

- To my knowledge there is no option for recon at Cap One.

Wait for the letter and try again. You can also focus on growing your other cards. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well next month makes 6 since I had a $100 Increase..../ but I have asked since and it just didn't say I was ineligible. It would say we're reviewing and you'll get an email with decision... and the email would come and I'd sign in to read documents.... twice it said recently had an increase and not using my available credit. This was just different and had no mention of email or the usual wording so it seems more like lm waiting on an actual letter lettwr

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea it's just the different wording I found strange that had me iffy.

Message 5 of 6
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Yeah, Cap One is once every 6 months for your CLI and very stingy.  Now after 6 months, you might get a different denial like "Recent use of this account's existing credit line has been too low," if you don't put heavy spend.

I'm pretty much done with them.  I'll keep my card for the age since it's a no AF card.  My last increase was $300 and they won't increase it post 6 months because my spend is "too" low.  I put $4,000 on my card, last three months and PIF'd.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.