Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One 2nd QuickSilver Prequal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One 2nd QuickSilver Prequal?

Hi guys,

Ive been working on rebuilding my credit and apped for a Quicksilver about 5 months ago and was approved with a 620~ score. This is the Quicksilver not the Quicksilver1 with annual fee. It was risky but I did get a direct preapproval mail from Cap1 for the QS so took the chance after members here advised me to.

Now, I check the site again and I have another prequal for the same card.. is it OK to app for the same card or should I try a different card?

I usually come here to see what the community thinks before I make any decisions as far as my credit apps go Smiley Wink

Thank you in advance for any suggesstions.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One 2nd QuickSilver Prequal?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

Ive been working on rebuilding my credit and apped for a Quicksilver about 5 months ago and was approved with a 620~ score. This is the Quicksilver not the Quicksilver1 with annual fee. It was risky but I did get a direct preapproval mail from Cap1 for the QS so took the chance after members here advised me to.

Now, I check the site again and I have another prequal for the same card.. is it OK to app for the same card or should I try a different card?

I usually come here to see what the community thinks before I make any decisions as far as my credit apps go Smiley Wink

You have a QS (Not QS1) Already?

Why would you app for the same card again?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

You have a QS (Not QS1) Already?

Why would you app for the same card again?

Yes, the Quicksilver, I have already and was actually surprised I was approved for it. I guess because I had a secured card with them for about 11 months without any issues and waited for them to send me a preapproval. This was my first major CC. When I originally got the QS they only gave me $1k... im at my 5th statement now without any increase so I was hoping thta if I apped now, i would get a higher limit on the new card. I also see several members here with identical cards in their signatures but just wanted to come here and confirm first. i won't do it if you guys think its not worth it. Here's what the sites showing me:

******, your results are in.
Congratulations! We think you'll like this pre-qualified card offer.

And its showing me the QS

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nixon:

Seems like everyone is preapproving me now. I finally got this on American Express site:

Hello, ****. We have found the following pre-qualified Card
offers for you. These offers are only available here. We invite you to apply for one today.
Please note: Identification of pre-qualified offers may have included a review of your
credit history that was not based on your most current credit bureau data.

They're offering the Green, Gold or Premier... Are there pre-quals usually correct?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the back to back updates. Just trying different sites in the meanwhile for preapprovals. I just tried my Wife's name on Amex and getting a different message:

Hello, *******.
We have found the following exclusive Card offers for you.
These offers are only available here. We invite you to apply for one today.

Amex EveryDaySM Credit Card

Seems like the wording is diferent since it says they sent her a mail but we never recieved it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.