Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI - CSR's are a joke.

tag
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI - CSR's are a joke.

Hmmmm, maybe it’s the “bologna Cap1 Bankcard” version so they never have to hand out a CLI to anyone including myself 😂

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello, This is pretty much a frustration post: I did a CLI a few times last week and I get the document in my account showing denied due to credit score and income and my current credit card utilization. My income is well over $100k and my Equifax FICO8 (which it says they are using) is 678 and my utilization is 1%. They are showing me an Equifax score of 577??? It also shows the date of the report as 1-1-2019. Even then, my score was not 577. I told them even when I log in to my Capital One account, my score is 100 points higher and they said, I'm sorry sir, you will just need to try again in a few months. Where are they getting this score and what utilization are they looking at? I called them many times, spoke with supervisors and even the useless facebook chat. No one can give me an answer and everything they say is scripted no matter what I ask, they revert to the same exact answers. I emailed the CEO yesterday afternoon so I am hoping someone reaches out to me this week.

If one of the reasons you were denied a CLI was utilization, can you estimate what it was at the time and what is it now?  Your income is great and even if they posted that as a reason, it isn't unless your current DTI is very high.  Realistically though, you can make it to an 850 credit score but it doesn't mean they will give you a CLI.  I have been denied increases by CapOne for reasons that I feel don't make sense either.

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was 1%, the same as it is now and I told the CSR that which of course, they don't go off script so it was of no importance. Also, DTI ratio is 16%. From my understanding, that is not that bad.
Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BF asked for a cli a couple of days ago and they denied due to low utilization.... well he would use the card if it had a comfortable limit! Silly cap1!
Message 14 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Capital one is not likely to give a CLI without a significant use of their cards.
Score plays a very small role in that process.

Also, cap 1 uses an older scoring model, not classic FICO 8. That's probably what's causing score discrepancy you're seeing.
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
Capital one is not likely to give a CLI without a significant use of their cards.

Also, cap 1 uses an older scoring model, not classic FICO 8. That's probably what's causing score discrepancy you're seeing.

That would make sense then if it isn' FICO8. I literally max the card out monthly and pay it off before it's due. Usually, I pay several times during the month as I use it often for the 1.5% cash back.
Message 16 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

That would make sense then if it isn' FICO8. I literally max the card out monthly and pay it off before it's due. Usually, I pay several times during the month as I use it often for the 1.5% cash back.

Another thing to take into consideration is your card being  in a *bucket* if you were approved when your profile was in worse shape. Those cards either grow slowly or not at all. 

Maybe it's time you look at different lenders.

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Another thing to take into consideration is your card being  in a *bucket* if you were approved when your profile was in worse shape. Those cards either grow slowly or not at all. 

Maybe it's time you look at different lenders.

I have Amex.  I was looking to avoid an inquiry and since I already have the card I figured it makes sense for requesting a CLI.  At this time since I'm down to 1 and I'm just letting my average age hit 6 years since It's currently at 5y,6mo right now.  I am pre-approved for several Amex cards and every time I log in to Amex it prompts me to upgrade to Platinum but I'm just giving it a little more time.

Message 18 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous, pm sentSmiley Happy
Message 19 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Remember requesting Cli with Amex is soft pullSmiley Happy one increase per 6 months , including whole account which means one card can receive a cli if eligble and if approved, the others not and must wait another 181 days to request again.
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.