Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI Denied

tag
CorpCrMgr1
Established Contributor

Capital One CLI Denied

Finally received my Cap1 CLI denial. Reason was twofold. I had recently had my CL lowered. What I did was transfer all but $500 of the CL to my other Cap1 CC. The other reason was CL adjustments only happen every six months.  Guess I'll try again in the early Fall.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
keekers556
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI Denied

Bummer.

Message 2 of 15
bytechma
Valued Member

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Finally received my Cap1 CLI denial. Reason was twofold. I had recently had my CL lowered. What I did was transfer all but $500 of the CL to my other Cap1 CC. The other reason was CL adjustments only happen every six months.  Guess I'll try again in the early Fall.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully you get one the next go around. 

Personal Cards
C1 Quickslilver One $500 | C1 Savor One $2,000 | Discover IT Secured $200 | Amex Optima $500 | BOA Travel Rewards $18,000 (AU) | BOA Customized Cash Rewards $21,000 (AU) | U.S. Bank Cash+ Secured $1,000

Business Cards
Nav Prime $6,875 | Amex Blue Business Plus $12,800 (AU)
Message 3 of 15
MikeyMagic
Frequent Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1 wrote:

Sorry about the denial. Sucks.

Message 4 of 15
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about the denial @CorpCrMgr1 

Thx for the dp(s) as well. G'luck next go round. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 5 of 15
CorpCrMgr1
Established Contributor

@nytokyobred79  all FICO scores over 820, 10 years with Cap1, no baddies, one auto loan, 13 CC, 7 store cards.

Message 6 of 15
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Wowzers! So it really was the reallocation of the limit that seems to be inhibiting you. I notice how a few banks count those as cli(s). Wish they didn't. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 7 of 15
CorpCrMgr1
Established Contributor

@nytokyobred79  I laughed when I read the reasoning. I moved the majority of the CL to my bucket card and was going to sock drawer Card2. I have a monthly charge on Card2 and the thought the just over a $100 would look like decent spend. Hopefully, in six months...,

Message 8 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

@CorpCrMgr1  wait so you moved around CLs and cap one then used that to deny you a CLI?

just wanna make sure I understand because if so, that's rediculous. UGH

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 15
CorpCrMgr1
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy  Correct! I should add that neither Cap1 cards get a lot of use. I use to request a CLI now and then, but gave up since I have better CC. I was reading in the Forums of CL transfers. Having never done it, I gave it a try a couple of weeks ago. Had to keep $500 on the non bucket Card2. Thus, to Cap1 I just had a "CLI" and now would have to wait six months for another. I know it's ridiculous.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.