Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI after approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One CLI after approval

I recently applied and got approved for the Capital One Venture card with a $5,000 SL. Has anyone managed to call recon and have their SL increased immediately after approval?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One CLI after approval

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently applied and got approved for the Capital One Venture card with a $5,000 SL. Has anyone managed to call recon and have their SL increased immediately after approval?

I doubt it, cap one doesn't work like that their CSR have ZERO power, everything is computer generated.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubt it, cap one doesn't work like that their CSR have ZERO power, everything is computer generated.

No credit analyst?

Message 3 of 6
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Some credit card issuers use the CSR to imput your information in a computer. The CSR has virtually no power to change the outcome. My suggestion would be to use the card for several months so that internally the cc company can see your spend and payment patterns. They all like to see History, not numbers.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No credit analyst?

Correct.  No UW analyst that you can speak to, unfortunately. 

As mentioned upthread, Capital One's CC lending decisions are automated and they don't reconsider the approved SL.  Whatever the computer spits out is the assigned SL.

I would recommend using the card quite a bit to see if it can potentially qualify for a CLI at some point. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll just use the card more and do another CLI in May

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.