Capital One Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Denied

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Got it. The tag can't be seen if you're not using a computer.

Press and hold the image and it pops up. Not as convenient as running the cursor over it but it works. 

Doesn't work. Android phone, chrome, desktop view

Works on my old HTC 10 running Oreo and Chrome in desktop mode. It’s admittedly not the most elegant way to get to it but it’s there. 

F596FCCA-DC9A-480B-A10A-917C77A97109.jpeg

... I forgot how slow that old thing is too. I need to buy a newer Android backup phone. 

Message 11 of 18
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Are you under 21?

If so, you really need 10k+ in income for most credit cards

Message 12 of 18
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Sorry you were denied. Discover is great with low income but most lenders would hesitate with income that low. Cap One really doesn’t recon unfortunately. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 13 of 18
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

I don't know, to each their own but I think I might be just gardening and doing my school work for now.   You have a decent set of cards already.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ZackAttack wrote:

Hi,

This is my 3rd time getting denied for Cap 1's Student Journey card. I tried responding them to reconsider the second time with no luck, so I need some help of how I'll respond.

This is the only bullet they put on the denial reasons:

- Based on your credit report from one or more of the agencies on the back of this letter, income is insufficient for requested credit

Fico 3 Score: EX 679

Red Facts:

- Length of time account

- Time since most recent account open

- Too many accounts w/ balance

- Too many inquiries last 12 months

My income is $5772. It would be more but I am a full-time college student. 

So at the moment, I honestly got no idea of what should I write back to them to reconsider because they pretty much denied me on the income (same income I put on Discover's student and was approve).

It’s time to let it go. 3 times being denied displays desperate, credit-seeking behavior. You don’t want to be that guy or gal. Wait until your income is about $7.5K and try again.  

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I really wish we'd ease up on words such as "desperate, needy, risky" etc.

Most people really dont understand how credit works and that's also how most of us have found this forum. 

So, until is possible to differentiate between who's truly " desperate" vs. uninformed and eager, it's best to offer advice without excessive judgement.  

Message 16 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I really wish we'd ease up on words such as "desperate, needy, risky" etc.

Most people really dont understand how credit works and that's also how most of us have found this forum. 

So, until is possible to differentiate between who's truly " desperate" vs. uninformed and eager, it's best to offer advice without excessive judgement.  

There is a difference between saying  someone is “displaying” desperate credit seeking behavior vs. saying that someone is truly desperate. Personally, I would never say someone “is” desperate because I don’t know their specific circumstances.

But, I know for me, when I first joined, I did not see this advice as excessive judgment. I viewed it as learning; and honestly, I was grateful. Otherwise, I would not have learned, or more importantly, taken seriously things like breakout fraud or other credit-seeking behaviors that are deemed risky. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other reason to stop, aside from displaying risky credit-seeking behavior, is that OP is burning triple-HPs for denials every time. Three denials is 9 burned HPs. I wouldn’t want to waste that many...
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.