Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Number of Cards

tag
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Number of Cards

So after seeing all the Venture and VentureOne love, I've been thinking about taking the plunge. I currently have two QuicksilverOne cards both fresh out of the credit steps program and was originally going to see about PC'ing one to a VentureOne this year. The limits are low so I was thinking maybe it would be best to just apply for the Venture card. The problem is I've read that Capital One only allows 2 of their (unsecured) cards not including any cobranded cards (Sony, Playstation, etc). Does anyone have more than 2 Capital One cards to include the Platinum, Quicksilver, Venture, etc.?

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Number of Cards

@keithbward wrote:

So after seeing all the Venture and VentureOne love, I've been thinking about taking the plunge. I currently have two QuicksilverOne cards both fresh out of the credit steps program and was originally going to see about PC'ing one to a VentureOne this year. The limits are low so I was thinking maybe it would be best to just apply for the Venture card. The problem is I've read that Capital One only allows 2 of their (unsecured) cards not including any cobranded cards (Sony, Playstation, etc). Does anyone have more than 2 Capital One cards to include the Platinum, Quicksilver, Venture, etc.?

2 Subprime products seems to be the limit. If you apply for a Prime product it does not count against your limit.

Message 2 of 7
creditconcept
Regular Contributor

Prim being Venture, Quicksilver, and Platinum Prestige??

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditconcept wrote:

Prim being Venture, Quicksilver, and Platinum Prestige??

Yes more or less...

Platinum Prestige appears to be an in between product as I was even able to get one 3 years after C/O with them along with a Journey.

Message 4 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

If you have a prequal for any of the prime cards, I would definitely take it. But if you read the fine print on the QS Visa and Venture Visa's.... you are allowed to have at least 5 cap1 cards. When I was approved for QS Visa, it was my 6th cap 1 card. 4 of the cards i had are rebuilders, closed one last month. Now I have 5 cap 1 cards, 3 QS1's that were pc'd from platinum a while back and a QS Visa Signature and VentureOne Visa Signature. 

The capone rebuilder cards are my oldest, therefore I am keeping them still.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say yes too I have 3 Cap1 cards qs1, platinum, and qs.

Message 6 of 7
Habibimo
Regular Contributor

I don't really know much about prime and subprime but if this helps any, I currently have QS MC, QS Visa, and Venture Visa Sig.
|| Amex BCE $18,000 || QuickSilver WMC $8,500 || Freedom Visa Signature $10,000 || Discover IT $11,800 || BestBuy $2,800 || Venture Visa Signature $17,750 || NASA FCU Platinum Cash Rewards $7,000 || Amazon Store Card $20,000 || Overstock $11,500 || Lowe's $25,000 || NFCU Platinum $9,600 || Chase Marriott $10,000 || Chase FU $15,7000 || NFCU CLOC $15,000 ||
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.