Did you mean: 

Capital One Pre-Qualify?

tag
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Pre-Qualify?

@Anonymous wrote:
@soxfaininfl
I did not find this to be the case. Was told by CSR to go for it as they were eager to apply a triple HP beatdown. I even brought up the 6 month rule idea to avoid wasted HPs. CSR said it was not a thing. Did receive the approval BTW. 4 months apart. This was for Plat (pc to QS) and QS1.

LoL at "triple HP beatdown". 😂 Gotcha. I really want that Savor One 3% for dining/entertainment and 2% at Grocery stores. I think I'll call in for this app. In my 44 years on this planet, I've never called in for an application. 

Message 21 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ I feel ya. Actually called in to inquire about CLI guidelines and CSR talked me into apping for QS1. Peer pressure. It was a trap. 🤣. I started to go for the QS but I didnt want to press my luck at this stage in the build. Was getting promos for QS1 on CK and had a moment of weakness on phone with rep.
Message 22 of 71
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@SilverSmith
Yeah I also want to PC my QS1 to get rid of AF and get the QS. At least that’s a SP once the upgrade becomes available.

Message 23 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did the Plat pc to QS using the upgrade offer link.
Message 24 of 71
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

I’m feeling like my chances are good since I got a 1k CLI (SCL 1k) from Cap1 on my Kohl’s account this evening. Which I was not able to get for 2 1/2 years since opening that account. I heard Cap1 was stingy as far a CLI’s go with Kohl’s cc.

Message 25 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to mention, even with the Plat and QS1 4 months between apps, Cap1 CSR suggested I app for Spark this week 🤣 Mind you the QS1 was approved in November (last month) and the Plat in August. Using that timeline, I would venture to say the 6 month rule is definitely not a thing for Cap1, at least not now. I think Cap1 knows those triple HP beatdowns are marking my file to keep me away from other issuers.🤣 They must really love me and this is how they show it.

Didnt app for Spark, BTW. I think CSR is crazy to app Spark so soon. If they would SP the app, then maybe.
Message 26 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls is probably the lowest CL card out there. Simply does not grow. Target is next but at least it has potential down the line if you use it correctly. I wouldnt take the hits for a Kohls CLI. $300 ish CL is standard for everyone.
Message 27 of 71
Clockworkz
New Contributor

You got me to check my offers and it said I was pre qualified for the Savor, venture one, QS and the plat. I’m slightly interested in the venture and maybe the savor but I’m in the garden for a bit more time so no applying for me at the moment.

I’m 666 exp and 3 years out of BK.

Starting Score: 588
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 750

Message 28 of 71
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

It was a soft pull for the CLI on Kohl’s, so I didn’t take an HP which is nice. I tried it two months ago and it was also a SP but it was a decline. I did notice that I lost a INQ from Experian today, so that’s good news. I’m now down to 9 and I lose another next month on EX. Maybe I’ll wait till that one falls off too.

Message 29 of 71
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Forgot to mention, even with the Plat and QS1 4 months between apps, Cap1 CSR suggested I app for Spark this week 🤣 Mind you the QS1 was approved in November (last month) and the Plat in August. Using that timeline, I would venture to say the 6 month rule is definitely not a thing for Cap1, at least not now. I think Cap1 knows those triple HP beatdowns are marking my file to keep me away from other issuers.🤣 They must really love me and this is how they show it.

Didnt app for Spark, BTW. I think CSR is crazy to app Spark so soon. If they would SP the app, then maybe.

Wow, I never thought about the business cards since I don't have a business. That's crazy they must get some type of commission. Yeah it would be nice if Cap1 would soft pull for apps like Amex once your in with them. Well that is good news then about the 6 month rule being bs. 

Message 30 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.