Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Pulling Old Scores for Credit Limit Increase Denials

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Pulling Old Scores for Credit Limit Increase Denials

Has anyone recently tried getting a CLI from Cap1 and been denied for an outdated "score that isn't high enough"? When I look at the denial letter, the scores are 2 months behind and do not match or come close to the scores I have under MyFico. The source they're pulling from, assuming directly, is from Equifax and even when I check Equifax, the numbers aren't close. This has been going on for the past 6 month (after waiting 6 months before for a new CLI) and it's always showing 2 months behind when at the time I've applied.

Anyone else going through this or something similar?

20 REPLIES 20
jcooks
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Pulling Old Scores for Credit Limit Increase Denials

capone.PNG

I don't even see any scores?

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll have to scroll down. Was there anything on the second page? That's normally where they show the scores

* Guess I can't post photos yet since I'm new

Message 3 of 21
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Welcome @Anonymous Smiley Happy

Capital One uses the pull from your last account review. If you call in or chat, the rep will be able to tell you when your next account review will be.

Message 4 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Imo ones credit score with Cap One is not why one gets a cli from C1  if they can even pry one loose. They want heavy spend  so unless you are spending very heavy a 2 month old credit score shouldnt really impact their decision to give a cli. 

Message 5 of 21
thornback
Senior Contributor

I don't have CapOne but I've seen posts going back a few years about their using outdated scores... seems to be their norm, unfortunately.  Guess you'll have to wait til they catch-up. .

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try to see if I can chat with someone about that. Cap1 has made so many changes that I may just get the run arounds when it comes to CLI. But hey, it's worth a try! Thanks!

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definetly use the cards that I'm trying to get a CLI on. I use to get those old denial messages back in the day about not utilizing the card or not paying over the minimum. Since I stepped up my credit game, I as getting increase right on schedule but now it just seems like it's just stopping ot lagging behind- maybe due to some unmentioned changes from Cap1

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I saw and read over the older posts and was just wondering if it was happening to anyone currently. Seems to be the same but around the time those posts were made, I really didn't have an issue with getting CLIs (outside of doing the before the 3-6 month waiting period). Just thought this was odd, becasue it's been going on for a while now, just waiting for the scores to catch up

Message 9 of 21
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I saw and read over the older posts and was just wondering if it was happening to anyone currently. Seems to be the same but around the time those posts were made, I really didn't have an issue with getting CLIs (outside of doing the before the 3-6 month waiting period). Just thought this was odd, becasue it's been going on for a while now, just waiting for the scores to catch up

Well I wish you the best of luck in this effort...

A side note -- if you want to respond to individual posters, you can hit "reply" to their post, and then hit the "quote" button at the top of the reply box so their post appears (as yours does above my writing here)... then type your response.   This way, everyone will know to whom you are responding and quickly understand the conversation.    Alternatively, @Anonymous, -- you can at them by typing the "@" and selecting their username from the list that appears -- that person will receive a notification that they've been mentioned.  

Welcome to the forums!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.