cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quick Silver Approval Odds?

tag
Supernatural
Valued Member

Re: Capital One Quick Silver Approval Odds?

I wrote an email stating that I was rebuilding my credit which was why my file was so thing but I had a clean file and that I had paid all of my current cards (which was just 2 at the time) one time.  I also mentioned that I was a captial one banking customer and that I planned on opening more banking products in the future (which was a lie)

I got a call back two days after I sent the email, then a follow up phone call the next day and then finally two days after that she called me back to tell me that I was approved.  I didn't even do a recon with a CSR first I contacted the EO first.  

Message 21 of 38
JDF569
Established Member

So do you suggest I contact the EO office before I get my decision from CSR.  Do you know there email address? Is it the richard email addess at capitalone  if not can you pm it to me?  Thanks

Message 22 of 38
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@JDF569 wrote:

So do you suggest I contact the EO office before I get my decision from CSR.  Do you know there email address? Is it the richard email addess at capitalone  if not can you pm it to me?  Thanks

yes, that is the correct EO email address

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 23 of 38
JDF569
Established Member

So should I go ahead and send the email?

Ill say something along the lines of

Dear Sir,

My name is ______________ ,I applied for a QuickSilver One Capital One Card(Ref #) on August 2nd. I was requested to send additonal information for verifcation purposes, I faxed them on August 2nd as well.   Iam  still a student and I work part-time.  I have had a capital one secured card(ending in xxxx) since  ____________, I have always been on time with my payments on this account.  I also have a savings account with capital one, I have enjoyed being a customer of capital one.  Gaining a QuickSilver One Card would help me improve my credit and in the future I would want to acquire other capital one accounts such as credit card(when my credit improves), a home loan when I purchase my first home.  I love the way capital one has treated me and upon approval I would be greatful with another responsibility of holding a QuickSilver One Card.  Please let me know if you have any questions for me, my phone number is __________.

Sincerely,

Message 24 of 38
Supernatural
Valued Member

I wouldn't mention that you are a student and just say that you are working.  Here are some bits and peices from the letter that I sent to the EO.  

After rereading it I put a lot of useless info into my letter this is just some of the stuff that I thought stood out.  

I am asking you to reconsider your decision based on a few facts. I am gainfully employed with no long term debt, my credit report is free from collections and general negative activity, and although my past credit history is somewhat limited, you can see from my credit report that I have NEVER missed a payment or even been late, not only with your Capital One card which I have had coming up on a year now but, with all of my other lines of credit as well. In fact, I make every effort to pay my bills as early as possible. I note that my current Transunion credit score is at 700 and raising which is better than 60% of Americans and is considered fair or better than average credit. If you take a look at my credit report you will notice that not only do I make all of my payments on time I usually pay more than the minimum amount due. I have also recently started to keep a total utilization of less than 10% of my maximum credit limit to avoid having a high balance. 

As I have previously noted I have enjoyed a Capital One credit card for almost a year. I have also been a Capital One 360 checking account customer since 2005 before you brought out ING and I have recently decided to open a 360 savings account with your company. I also plan to open a few more larger accounts later this year.   I wanted to get a QuickSliver card to add to the list of products that I used because of all of the positive reviews it receives as well as the 1.5% cash back on purchases. It would be very beneficial to me as my current Capital One credit card does not offer any rewards.

I am requesting your reconsideration for the QuickSliver Rewards credit cards I do not need a large credit limit and would be happy with a smaller credit line at first to prove to you my reliability and credit worthiness as I have done with my Capital One card.

I appreciate you taking the time to reconsider my application. I hope my explanation clears things up so I can continue to grow my credit with Capital One. Hopefully my perfect payment history and current trade lines can provide an accurate picture of why I should be approved for this card.

Message 25 of 38
JDF569
Established Member

Well my situation is different on my experian and equifax reports I have 4 negatives and TransUnion 3(I got one removed)

I have no debt though, I paid all my accounts off

Ive been a college student since 2009.  From 2011 till about 2013 I was unemployed thats the reason I have my negatives, my accounts got late on payment and were closed.  I did pay them all off now.  I make about 18-22k a year now and im still a student.  Which can emphasis a point that after I graduate my income will increase. 

I've tried letters of goodwill to get those items removed but it did not work.  I sent one in every year. 

So my question is should I go ahead and send the letter in or wait until I get a decision.

Dear Sir,

My name is ______________ ,I applied for a QuickSilver One Capital One Card(Ref #) on August 2nd. I was requested to send additonal information for verifcation purposes, I faxed them on August 2nd as well.   I am  still a student and I work part-time(currently earning about 20,000 annually).  I have had a capital one secured card(ending in xxxx) since  ____________, I have always been on time with my payments on this account.  I also have a savings account with capital one, I have enjoyed being a customer of capital one.  Gaining a QuickSilver One Card would help me improve my credit and I would be able to enjoy the benefits of this card. In addition in the future I would want to acquire other capital one accounts such as credit card(when my credit improves), a home loan when I purchase my first home.  I love the way capital one has treated me and upon approval I would be greatful with another responsibility of holding a QuickSilver One Card.  Please let me know if you have any questions for me, my phone number is __________.

Sincerely,

Message 26 of 38
Supernatural
Valued Member

That is a good letter I would send it now get the ball rolling just in case, When one of the EO reps call you then you can explain the negatives on your credit report but if my memory serves me correctly the woman I spoke with didn't even ask about my situation (that could have been because I explained everything in the email) she just told me about the process and what would happen.  After everything was done with she told me to call her directly if I ever needed anything in the future.  I know a lot of people don't like Capital one but after that experience I just love them.  

That being said they have only given me one automatic CLI since then but I am not too hurt by it since I am building my credit.

Message 27 of 38
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

isn't this card kind of difficult to get? I didn't think i could get approved for it.. on the website, it says it requires excellent credit.. i would assume at least 700+? but i dunno

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 28 of 38
JDF569
Established Member

So I emailed the EO yesterday and have not recieved a response yet.  Yesterday when I called, a recording said I'll get something in the mail in 10 business days.... then when I spoke to a rep yesterday she said a decision will be made on the 22nd.  the EO email is richard.fairbank@capitalone.com right?  I guess ill wait for a response from the EO office or call on the 22nd.  And the the quicksilver one is easier to get than the quicksilver

Message 29 of 38
DieGo2SHAE
Regular Contributor

I'm following this and cheering for you because it has been quite a ride and I want to know what my own odds are for this card. Be sure to keep us updated! Smiley Happy

May 2013 | June 2013 |Sep 2013 | Dec 2013 |May 2014 | May 2014 | May 2014| April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.