Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quick Silver CLI Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quick Silver CLI Denial

I have been reading a lot on this card. I applied for this card in May of 2016 and got approved for a $3K Limit. At the time I had a BOA card with a credit limit of $2k and an Amex Card with a $10K Limit. I used this capital one only for travel. So I have paid the entire balance off about three times now. A couple months in they increased my limit to $5k on their own. I asked for a credit increase because this card is at 50% Utilization and was denied because I do not make enough of a monthly payment each month. When I carry a balance I pay over the minimum payment. I have read a lot about this card capping people at a certain amount and no matter what you do you would be better off applying for a diff Cap 1 Card. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Quick Silver CLI Denial

How much more than the minimum are you paying each month? CapOne is finnicky with stuff like this as far as granting CLIs are concerned.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double usually, and triple sometimes depending. I had to go away for a funeral and put the trip on there. So the last payment or two has been double of the minimum payment. Cap one I am not entirely happy with, and when I applied for the increase they pulled a hard pull even though it states they do not do a hard pull. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

After being denied multiple times for a line increase, and being low balled when they did offer one I put this card in the safe.

Capital One just does not like customers. You are a number.

Message 4 of 9
CivalV
Established Contributor

I truly believe Cap 1 gives increases the most when you use up the card and pay it down to zero to then use it again. That is the only time they give me an auto increase lol
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne is a conundrum for many. Mine is a paltry $500 card which I rarely use, as putting any real spend through it would mean multiple payments per month just to use it, and the 1.5% cash back isn’t exactly pulse-quickening. Trying to do that a lot just to get a small CLI isn’t worth the effort when other cards such as Disco are much easier for me to use with a better limit and better rewards for category spend, or Amex to build toward free stays with Hilton. Quite simply, they aren’t worth the effort on the QS - having a Savor is likely a different story but a small limit QS to me is barely worth it. As is the case for so many of us, it was an early rebuilder card and we keep them for age (even though they stay on CRs after closing them).
Message 6 of 9
KingPredator
Regular Contributor

@ImTheDevil

I ended up combining both my QS1 and QS to my Venture card just about a week before they took the option away. To me they served their purpose of helping me rebuild but both were bucketed and would not grow. Like you mentioned they will stay on your reports for 10 years. I was not affected by doing this.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice that you were able to squeak in before the change. The new combined card still may not grow much but at least you have a more useful credit line to work with.
Message 8 of 9
KDKobes
Regular Contributor

I wish there was a way to know as well if my cards are “bucketed”. My VentureOne seems to be stalled at $3,000 & my QS1 was stalled for over a year before getting a $3,000 increase. I assume your card wouldn’t be “bucketed” as that only seems to happen with the poor-to-average credit card offerings & if they have a reason to bucket the card like say a BK on file or baddies.

EX: 694 (F8)(7inq) | TU: 691 (VS3)(5inq) | EQ: 699 (VS3)(5inq)
BK Ch 7 Discharged 2015 | x1 Paid collection | x1 30 day late on file
9% Utilization | AAoA: 2yrs | Updated: *UPDATING*
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.