cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver One Mastercard Upgrade to World Elite Mastercard?

tag
michaels1978

Capital One Quicksilver One Mastercard Upgrade to World Elite Mastercard?

Hey! I'm new to posting here. Usually I can find everything I need on this board. My Cap1 Quicksilver One card now shows on my statement as a World Elite Mastercard. I've done well with Cap1 starting a year ago with a $750 credit line and now up to $3000. I charge everything on the card and pay it off in full every month. But, I still don't think I'd qualify for a World Elite....from what I've read this is a card for people with excellent credit as opposed to someone like me with "good" credit. I called Cap1 and they said that it's a mastercard thing but said that I'd be getting a new card this week. They really didn't have very much info about it. I'm kind of confused as I didn't even have a World Mastercard and all of the sudden mine is World Elite? Anyone else get this upgrade or know anything about it? Thanks!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Quicksilver One Mastercard Upgrade to World Elite Mastercard?

Maybe when you activate your new card you will get a new CLI to go with it. Welcome to the forum.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 19
bsprouse85

Hello there! Actually my Capital One Quicksilver One Mastercard was recently upgraded to a World Elite Master Card as well (since the 4th of July 2014). I charge about 2K per month on this card and pay it off as well. The credit limit still stays fixed though at a 2K total limit although I have other cards with Capital One. I have not had time to call to inquire about this upgrade BUT I will have to say that is was a surprise being it jumped up the line from a Platinum Mastercard to a World Elite Master Card. I found this out via the online Capital One site while making a payment. Currently I have been a customer of Capital One for 2 years and 4 months with perfect payment history. Please keep us updated on what you find out, also once I find a moment I will try to call them as well to provide any info for the forum. Thanks for the post being I was in question about this upgrade as well! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 19
michaels1978

I spoke with Cap1 again because they had originally told me my card was shipping last week. They told me that a lot of ppl were upgraded from world to world elite so my new card hasn't even shipped. Like I said before I wasn't even World level...I had Plat Mastercard so I'm still wondering why I got the upgrade. Not going to complain though. I think I spent like $25k with the card last year so maybe it's a spend thing. Apparently Mastercard is initiating the upgrade so no CLI comes with it.

Message 4 of 19
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@michaels1978 wrote:

I spoke with Cap1 again because they had originally told me my card was shipping last week. They told me that a lot of ppl were upgraded from world to world elite so my new card hasn't even shipped. Like I said before I wasn't even World level...I had Plat Mastercard so I'm still wondering why I got the upgrade. Not going to complain though. I think I spent like $25k with the card last year so maybe it's a spend thing. Apparently Mastercard is initiating the upgrade so no CLI comes with it.

I didn't put nearly that much through mine since opening (10/2012) because I used my rewards cards instead.  I maybe put 7-8k through mine before I got my first reward card and SD'ed the Cap1.  I was told that the CL on the new card will remain the same.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 5 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

About 5 months ago i had a cap one platinum mc upgraded to quicksilver one annual fee mc via online chat.

I emailed eo, very helpful lady doubled my credit line and gave me back fee
For the year. At the time my capone credit score from a request for increase was 640 and now im at 698. I have a 2 k limit, card is 2 years old never late and pif and run about 800 through it a month. Do u think i could call my eo person and ask for the world elite mastercard before a 6 month product change?
Message 6 of 19
randy230k
New Contributor

Does the new WEMC QS card have the holographic logo instead of the old red/yellow logo?

In the garden since 7/30/17
Message 7 of 19
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i have two QuickSilver One cards.... none of mine got upgraded... and my wife has one that also wasnt upgraded! crazy lol

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 8 of 19
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I think something is going on with MC and the Major banks that issue them. Citi is also upgrading a lot of people to WEMC's with <5K CL's. My AAdvantage was just upgraded to WEMC status and I just opened the card, only one billing cycle in before the upgrade. Funny my TYP is still suck at plain old WMC status, but I have much longer history with it.

I can't figure this ish out, there seems to be no rhym or reason to this, just randomly selecting accounts I guess.  

Message 9 of 19
bsprouse85

Here is an update on the upgrade, this is a random Master Card thing according to the rep at Capital One for so called select customers due to good credit behavior. Now with that being stated there is no credit limit increase, nor are new cards being mailed out until the old "Cash Rewards" card that I have expires. So nothing has really changed with this card just an upgrade to "World Elite" status by words alone (on the statement and online interface), no flashy nice cards being mailed out, etc.., etc... I guess that will cost Capital One too much money in postage and card printing to show appreciation. The interesting thing is that with this so called "World Elite" status there are extra services, my question is how will anyone know on the other side of the coin if this is a "World Elite" Master Card? This is the question that begs to be answered and I am certainly not looking for a "status" by any means and this upgrade is meaning less without some sort of limit increase etc. due to good payment behavior. Hopefully this helps to give some insight.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.