cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver One-Should I Apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quicksilver One-Should I Apply?

I'm looking at applying for some unsecured credit cards to help rebuild my credit.  Current scores on Credit Karma are 606 Transunion and 658 Equifax.  I have a student loan, and 2 car payments, and am current on those.  

I have seen on some sites the Capital One Quicksilver One card recommended as a credit building card.  I have gone to Capital One's pre-approval website and it does not come up with any recommendations.  I did have a charge-off with them that is 5 and a half years old from a period of time when I was unemployed and having some difficult financial issues. 

Is it worth using an inquiry to apply or should I look for something else?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Quicksilver One-Should I Apply?

For starters, those aren’t your real FICO scores. They are “VantageScores” and most lenders do not use them. IMHO, I would get my REAL FICO 8 scores first. You can get all 3 scores plus reports from creditchecktotal.com for $1 7-Day Trial. Just be sure you cancel within the trial period to avoid being billed the monthly fee. Those WILL BE your REAL FICO 8 scores and snapshot of your reports at that moment. Then, once you know your REAL FICO 8 scores you’ll kind of know where you stand in terms of credit app’s and chances of approvals.

To Note: Cap1(when applying) pulls all 3 Bureaus. So, that’s 3 HP’s one for each Bureau. IMHO, if you don’t have any pre-qualified offers from Cap1, I would not try and waste those HP’s on a chance. Again, JMHO.

Again, get your REAL FICO 8 scores and see where you are(?) and then comeback and post your DP’s here and you’ll get some sound advice on what to app for and when.

Good Luck!

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What Hybrid said...
Message 3 of 5
zerofire
Valued Contributor

I agree with Brooklyn2018.

You really need to grab your real Fico scores. If you had a cleaner history the Fako ones might have been a ok gauge but it is very obvious that something has destroyed your reports when there is a 50 point difference and you are too close to 600. Yes with Capitol One you will not be able to hide anything since they will look in all 3 reporting agencies.

Hold off, get your Fico 8's, and then there might be something to offer other than waiting.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Just to add. Post your FICO's and try to aviod the QS1. If the Platinum is offered go for that card. Its easier to get upgraded to a plain QS and get the same 1.5% CB without an annual fee. I like to call it the brick card. Too hard to do anything with. Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.