Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Quicksilver or Venture

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Quicksilver or Venture

What are my chances?

I have 2 QS 1's (one $300 CLI to $400 Luv button in 3 months, Auto CLI to $750 6 month mark - September 5th will be 9 Months), the other QS1 is almost two months old $300 - $0 balance on both (PIF every month).

I have NFCU cash rewards $2,100 instant will be 3 months end of Oct.

BofA - 99/500 secured

10 Commenity SCT Cards:

Pottery Barn - $2,500

Frontgate - $1,000

OS - $1,000

Wayfair - $1,000

VS - $350

Loft - $500

J Crew - $250

Williams-Sonoma $1,000

Talbots - $300 - this was in store HP

Boscovs - $1,000

Today, received email "you are pre-approved for a Bon-Ton Card" there was no Pre-approval code on the email. I don't want anymore store cards

I use one or two cards at once and PIF - leaving one small balance on one. No balance ever on BofA, QS1 or NFCU

Scores as of today - all Fico 8 (MyFico and CCT)

EX:639

EQ:614

TU:609

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Quicksilver or Venture

If you could use the $400 in travel rewards on the Venture, go for that one then PC it to a QS when you're ready. Otherwise, just go for the QS. Also, Venture is Visa and QS is MC in case that affects which you would prefer. Good luck either way! ☺
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old is your credit file?  That is alot of store cards and hope you don't plan on getting more.  Based on your limits and scores, I'd hold off on th Venture card if I were in your shoes.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. Credit file is old, but AAoA is now 3.5 because of all of the new accounts since June. I'm trying to lay low. I may just hang tight and CLI my NFCU end of October.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. Credit file is old, but AAoA is now 3.5 because of all of the new accounts since June. I'm trying to lay low. I may just hang tight and CLI my NFCU end of October.

That is a good idea thus, hanging tight.  Let everything age a bit before applying for something new..

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you could use the $400 in travel rewards on the Venture, go for that one then PC it to a QS when you're ready. Otherwise, just go for the QS. Also, Venture is Visa and QS is MC in case that affects which you would prefer. Good luck either way! ☺

Isn't the QS a Visa card? I recall the PC'd QS's are MC.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

QS used to come in either, but now if you app it's a WEMC. But you can get a Visa Signature by apping the Venture then PC to QS. Cap1 likes to keep us all on our toes. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How old is your credit file?  That is alot of store cards and hope you don't plan on getting more.  Based on your limits and scores, I'd hold off on th Venture card if I were in your shoes.

+1

Sorry, I was on my phone and must've skimmed over your scores. Good advice here on holding off.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

QS used to come in either, but now if you app it's a WEMC. But you can get a Visa Signature by apping the Venture then PC to QS. Cap1 likes to keep us all on our toes. Smiley Happy

I just got a replacemnt, it's just a regular Visa. Not even signature. 10k CL but it was small at one point, maybe that's why.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure why you want another Quicksilver as you already have two.  I would hold off getting any new cards until your credit scores increase.  You have plenty of cards now.  I got a prequalify offer from Cap 1 for Venture when my Equifax went over 710.  I was showing pre-qualifys for Quicksilvers with my scores in the 500's.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.