Did you mean: 

Capital One Savor

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Savor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TyRacing wrote:

maybe could call the recon line to see if they have any counter offered. sometimes that works for some.

There's no recon with Capital One. 

Aint that the truth

Sorry OP

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife just got denied yesterday, too.

Her scores are all around 780.  Today they sent her a link to the reasons why her application was denied:

Too many new accounts

Number of revolving accounts opened within past 24 months

Message 12 of 21
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

@TyRacing wrote:

Sorry to hear about that. Smiley Frustrated

how many cards do you have? your DP?

{ While There's Life, There's Hope - Stephen Hawking }

I have a pretty nice file. I have NFCU BBT Local  CU Discover. All accounts are over 2 years old. No degros ever. I think it was the inqs

Over 2 years?  Cap 1 is looking for at least 3 years. I don't think the criteria for this card has been talked about enough but look at the requirements for that card. It can be a heartbreaker because of how Cap 1 is viewed with their "entry level" cards. To be honest, the same thing happened to me last December. I was not happy going home empty handed, which is how I ended up with my Amex Everday card. Not that the Everyday and Savor are comparable, I knew I could get another Amex without a HP.  

Sorry to digress 

Message 13 of 21
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

@Felony_Phil wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

@TyRacing wrote:

I have a pretty nice file. I have NFCU BBT Local  CU Discover. All accounts are over 2 years old. No degros ever. I think it was the inqs

Over 2 years?  Cap 1 is looking for at least 3 years. I don't think the criteria for this card has been talked about enough but look at the requirements for that card. It can be a heartbreaker because of how Cap 1 is viewed with their "entry level" cards. To be honest, the same thing happened to me last December. I was not happy going home empty handed, which is how I ended up with my Amex Everday card. Not that the Everyday and Savor are comparable, I knew I could get another Amex without a HP.  

Sorry to digress 

Well Cap 1 for either of the Savor cards are excellent credit. What they mean for excellent credit is by having a loan or credit card for 3+ years or a credit limit above $5k. Plus don't have bads on their report (collections, late payments, BK, etc).

Anyways I tried to walk into Cap 1 three times and it didn't work. So now I am waiting until I am 21 just to use the pre-qual form and see what my offer chances without ever wasting those HPs.

If you are interested in the savor card just for the Dining and Entermaint Cashback, OP, you may want to consider the Marvel credit card. The Marvel Credit Card is the same as SavorOne but it doesn't have the grocery CB which can be beaten by other credit cards out there. The marvel credit card is back by synchrony bank which is a known TU puller.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta be honest. If Cap One has more strict underwriting for the Savor than the Venture I don't know if it's worth it. I often compliment the Savor as it's the card I'd use if I was pure cash back and didn't have my Amex Gold. I knew more people were getting denied on Savor than Venture, but I figured the gap was close.

But to have their strictest underwriting on a card you need to spend 9K plus in the bonus categories to beat out the AF (compared to 3% on dining/entertainment) and that you can't seem to "downgrade". I don't know. Maybe it is their most premium offering? That's a tough sell for me though, especially with no guarantee the Post Mates credit that helps it feel more "premium" is sticking around.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Gotta be honest. If Cap One has more strict underwriting for the Savor than the Venture I don't know if it's worth it. I often compliment the Savor as it's the card I'd use if I was pure cash back and didn't have my Amex Gold. I knew more people were getting denied on Savor than Venture, but I figured the gap was close.

But to have their strictest underwriting on a card you need to spend 9K plus in the bonus categories to beat out the AF (compared to 3% on dining/entertainment) and that you can't seem to "downgrade". I don't know. Maybe it is their most premium offering? That's a tough sell for me though, especially with no guarantee the Post Mates credit that helps it feel more "premium" is sticking around.

Totally agree.  Savor is nice for sure but it's not worth what C1 is demanding. 

I got a Venture and will PC it to QS and hopefully I can carry over my Venture points to QS and cash out the points at 1cpp.  Equally good deal.   

Message 16 of 21
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

@ZackAttack wrote:

@Felony_Phil wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

@TyRacing wrote:

Sorry to digress 

Well Cap 1 for either of the Savor cards are excellent credit. What they mean for excellent credit is by having a loan or credit card for 3+ years or a credit limit above $5k. Plus don't have bads on their report (collections, late payments, BK, etc).

Anyways I tried to walk into Cap 1 three times and it didn't work. So now I am waiting until I am 21 just to use the pre-qual form and see what my offer chances without ever wasting those HPs.

If you are interested in the savor card just for the Dining and Entermaint Cashback, OP, you may want to consider the Marvel credit card. The Marvel Credit Card is the same as SavorOne but it doesn't have the grocery CB which can be beaten by other credit cards out there. The marvel credit card is back by synchrony bank which is a known TU puller.

Funny you should say that because at the time the only thing I didn't have was 3+ years of history. I did have 720ish scores and 4 of 5 cards were over $5k. The only one that wasn't was my Cap1 QS.  The denial reason : insufficient credit history . So I don't believe it's OR ...it's AND. 

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a side note, when I switched my Venture to QS they gave me one cpp/value it would have been if QS had a $500 SUB and miles were actually two cents.
Message 18 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Capital One is very strict with this card, and unfortunately, as someone else mentioned, there's no recon available. The denial will stand.

Luckily there are other similar cards out there with less stringent underwriting. Capital One seems to have an x/24 rule going on with some/most of their cards, althoug nobody is sure of the exact number or criteria.

Message 19 of 21
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I use the Barclay Uber card which I believe to be just as good as the Savor.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.