Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One SavorOne

tag
CreditFun
Regular Contributor

Capital One SavorOne

Which credit bureaus do they check?  All three? (Mod cut - these kinds of discussions are not permitted per the myFICO TOS @CreditFun)

Also, is the SavorOne a low starting limit card?  Looking to make a major purchase and want to take advantage of the 0%.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One SavorOne

Cap1 HPs all three bureaus, and all three need to be unfrozen.  Starting limit for a SavorOne can vary widely and will depend on your profile and income.

Message 2 of 11
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Good information to know, probably will apply in early 2022 . . . thanks for posting!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 3 of 11
Deeyarht948
Contributor

I think the minimum starting limit for savor one is $1000 and the regular savor is $2000 good luck 

Message 4 of 11
ToofDoc
Contributor

@Slabenstein wrote:

Cap1 HPs all three bureaus, and all three need to be unfrozen.  Starting limit for a SavorOne can vary widely and will depend on your profile and income.

I was approved with Capital One QuickSilver Rewards card 3 days ago. Don't know how but I was approved 👍

Message 5 of 11
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@ToofDoc Maybe your application "slipped" through . . . Congrats on your Capital One QuickSilver Rewards card.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 11
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

I feel like I remember seeing lower than 1k for a Savor One SL... I'll try and find it. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@quikj9 wrote:

I feel like I remember seeing lower than 1k for a Savor One SL... I'll try and find it. 

You are correct. I've seen a $500 SL a few times. Here's one. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Savor-One-Approval/td-p/5792560

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My opinion on the SavorOne has changed now that they added groceries at 3%. It is much better than it used to be now but I'm not convinced it's worth three HPs unless you can make use of the entertainment category. NFCU More Rewards, UMB Simply Rewards, and Bank of the West Cash Back are all 3% on groceries, dining, and gas plus NFCU is 3% on transit as well. They all do a single HP. 

ETA: Actually BotW may not do a HP at all, multiple reports of EX SP for this one. 

Message 9 of 11
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@quikj9 wrote:

You are correct. I've seen a $500 SL a few times. Here's one. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Savor-One-Approval/td-p/5792560

I've been trying to watch for these because I'm curious. I saw a V1 approved at $300 recently. This makes me wonder if people that are applying for Platinim and QS1 for rebuilding purposes may actually have just as good of a chance being approved for S1 and V1 "for good credit" and have a chance at getting a S1 with a $300 SL. If that's the case at least you'd be earning some decent rewards even if you had to deal with a toy limit. Idk, though. The UW is still probably a little more stringent on those. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.