cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture 7-10 Day message after prequal!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Venture 7-10 Day message after prequal!!

For sure. Will update as soon as I find out!

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the 7-10 day when I applied for the Venture as well, ended up calling 8 days later and they confirmed over the phone I was approved and what my credit limit was.

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is definitely what I was hoping for. Thought I would find out today as I applied last Wednesday. They seem to still want more time. On one hand, I was pre qualed with a single digit ( THE HIGHEST APR. Though I always PIF) but I have heard many people say their prequalified site is pretty spot on. On the other hand, I opened 3 accounts in the past 2 months but 2 have not reported to the CB yet. One was a soft inq approval, and the other only pulled EX. Also, my scores for TU and EQ are not that great so I feel there is a 50-50 chance for approval. We shall see. Glad it wasn’t an instant denial tho. Their computer saw something it liked. 🙂
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OP you are approved. CApital One has stepped up its anti fraud efforts. If you apply late at night. Something on app is different than CBR, etc. just trying to crack down on fraudulent applications.

A trick I learned cause I was antsy. At the login page something says “set up online access” you type your info in and it searches. If it says all accounts registered then try again later. I did the fraud verify call on a Friday. Tried the tool above on a Monday and it located one account, the venture card I applied for. I’m impatient so it was nice to find out that way instead of waiting for email.
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure hope so lol. Verified yesterday. Hoping for a response soon. Great trick debtguy3939!! I checked the set up access tool and nothing yet. Does that tool show you your SCL without having card in hand? (If I am even approved) Also I find it weird that when I call the 1-800-903-9177 number to check status, it wants to forward me to a rep even though I already did the verification. I would like to hear the status, but don't want to appear desperate by talking to a rep everyday, espesically when my app is in pending. It was never automated status, always wanted me to talk to someone. 

Message 15 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

So if I'm reading your OP correctly, it's literally been 6 business days from when the application was submitted?

Honestly, why exert more anxiety and stress and just let things play out?

Given that a variety of Capital One applications go into manual review more so these days whether it's verification or additional review, in most cases calling over and over is not going to expedite things any faster.

Often times, most folks tend to call to check their status, the representative verifies a few things and the rest of the process continues.

When I applied for Savor months ago, it was not an instant outcome so I figured they'll get to it when they do and I will receive confirmation at some point. Which they did and took about a week and a half (give or take).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really stressing it to much. This is just a new experience for me. Ive never had an application go through this kind of thing with Capital One. Im just very interested in the process, and like hearing about what others have gone through.  I have read that people are able to call to get status updates by an automated system. Thats all I was calling for. When it says it wants to send me to a live person, I hang up. I dont want to bother the at all until they make their choice. Ive never been one to call daily about anything. 

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MBMills yes each time I called in after verify it would route me to a person. Check the set up access asnoften as you like it will eventually say it found one account.

Once you add it, it will show you everything. Like your other account. Including full account number expiration date cvv etc. pretty sweet
Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea that sounds good to me. Thanks for the info. Did you already have an account with them when you applied? 

Message 19 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Capital One isn't afraid to issue an instant denial, so it sounds like you're just hopefully going through a verification. Could go either way obviously, but all hope is definitely not lost.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.