Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Denial [PIC]

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture Denial [PIC]

I was denied for the $95 annual fee card, Capital One Venture. I attached a picture from the letter stating the reasons. I was hoping to get this card by May 2019, for summer vacation. 

[Fico] 728, 725, 729

[Income] 35,000

[Authorized User] on Discover IT (Oct 2016)($2900), and Cap One Platinum ($750)

[My Own] Cap One Quicksilver (Oct 2017)($1600), Discover IT (Jan 2018)($2600), Amex PRG (Jan 2018)(NPSL), BofA(Aug 2018)($900)

Here's the letter:

IMG_0216.jpg

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Denial [PIC]

WOW SO sorry op maybe they have higher standards on that card? HUGS OP

Message 2 of 11
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Don’t feel bad OP I have same scores and they gave me the same bs reasonings as your letter. I can’t stand CO and cancelled all my accounts after they offered a laughable $100 CLI on my QS card. Honestly it seems from other members denials they have seriously tightened up on all the cards. Getting more stringent than chase IMO.
Message 3 of 11
MrPSS
Regular Contributor

Did you call recon? Worth a shot!
Current: Gardening...

FICO 8: EX:TU:EQ:

As of Aug 2020. Total CL: $46,600; Goal: $50,000
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know Cap One had a recon. I think they had many reasons for the denial, so I don't think my chances are that good.

Message 5 of 11
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't know Cap One had a recon. I think they had many reasons for the denial, so I don't think my chances are that good.

to be honest i didn't know that alot of banks allows you to recon and YOU don't know until you try to recon Smiley Happy They might surprise you Smiley Happy. One of my local banks don't recon but I called and spoked to a very very nice lady after answering some questions. She approved me for 16.8K so it doesn'y hurt to try Smiley Happy GOOD LUCK BUDDY Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If you have opened alot of accounts recently that is most likely the MAIN reason.. Seeing your sign looks like 4-5 recently?  Cap1 has became about as bad as chase with the 5/24 rule, but not quite that far.. None of us know the exact criteria but very anti chrun/bonus now.  I would say around 6/7 cards in the last 24 months is about the limit then denied.  If you recon be prepared to take another 3 HP's on top of the 3 you already took.. I would personally just lay low for awhile as alot better card then the venture out there imo...  That are true 2% cards vs. only towards travel or GC's.  If you are after a bonus there are some very nice bonus cards as well being BofA Premium rewards, WF Propel, NFCU $500 dollar bonus (if can join) and many more.  

Message 7 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

If you have opened alot of accounts recently that is most likely the MAIN reason.. Seeing your sign looks like 4-5 recently?  Cap1 has became about as bad as chase with the 5/24 rule, but not quite that far.. None of us know the exact criteria but very anti chrun/bonus now.  I would say around 6/7 cards in the last 24 months is about the limit then denied.  If you recon be prepared to take another 3 HP's on top of the 3 you already took.. I would personally just lay low for awhile as alot better card then the venture out there imo...  That are true 2% cards vs. only towards travel or GC's.  If you are after a bonus there are some very nice bonus cards as well being BofA Premium rewards, WF Propel, NFCU $500 dollar bonus (if can join) and many more.  

They had a 9/24 rule earlier this year, but the limit appears to have dropped.

To the OP: everything at cap1 is automated. They don't recon anything. What the computer says, is what you get. There would have to be a serious discrepancy and you would have to write them.

Message 8 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@MrPSS wrote:

This is true with some banks, but with Capital One, there really is no recon. Generally the computer decision is final unless there's an error involved.

Capital One has tightened up a lot on approvals and as mentioned upthread, they seem to have a 5/24 type of rule at this point.

Message 9 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@MrPSS wrote:

This is true with some banks, but with Capital One, there really is no recon. Generally the computer decision is final unless there's an error involved.

Capital One has tightened up a lot on approvals and as mentioned upthread, they seem to have a 5/24 type of rule at this point.

I was denied once for a CLI because of recent late payment

I hadnt had a missed payment in over 6 years (at the time)

Called for recon, spoke with supervisor. I told her their computer was wrong

She told me to make a copy of a recent credit report and fax it to them

She told me they dont have access to the reports as the computer doesnt keep them

I told her my EQ report was over 60 pages long and thanked her for her time

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.