cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture X - chances of approval?

tag
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture X - chances of approval?

@luis999 wrote:

So it's been a coupe of days since I applied and uploaded documents (Sunday) and still haven't heard back.

Should I follow up to see they have everything they need or should I wait a few more days? 

Also, I used my Green card as my ID (it was listed as an option along with license and Passport) as it was the closest/easiest - should I try and upload my license as I read in an older post that people had issues with Green cards in the past.  Any recent feedback on that?

Thanks!

I know I had problems with my Green card, my DL was the fix and is what I always use now if ID is required.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 11 of 20
Janneman
Established Contributor

@Hoben02 wrote:

I know I got rejected for too many revolving accounts don't know how many is that you might take a look at this article

https://onemileatatime.com/news/capital-one-venture-x-card/

How many open revolving a/cs you have had at the time of applying for this VentureX?

Message 12 of 20
Janneman
Established Contributor

@luis999 wrote:

So it's been a coupe of days since I applied and uploaded documents (Sunday) and still haven't heard back.

Should I follow up to see they have everything they need or should I wait a few more days? 

Also, I used my Green card as my ID (it was listed as an option along with license and Passport) as it was the closest/easiest - should I try and upload my license as I read in an older post that people had issues with Green cards in the past.  Any recent feedback on that?

Thanks!

If I were you, I would upload DL or state issued ID.

Message 13 of 20
luis999
Valued Member

Currently have 6 total accounts.  4 credit cards and 2 charge cards.  No other types of credit...

Message 14 of 20
luis999
Valued Member

Thanks all uploaded DL so will see if that helps.

Message 15 of 20
luis999
Valued Member

So I still haven't heard anything back from Capital One.  Anyone know how long this usually takes?

Is there a number that I can call to talk to someone?  I tried a number I found online but it was just an automated system...

Thanks.

Message 16 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Unfortunately Cap One is all automated as far as apps/CLI decisions go, but you can try maybe calling a regular CSR and seeing if they can look for you.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 17 of 20
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

Goodness. I'm more shocked at the restraint you've shown in not applying. Ha. 

it's really hard to says with C1 (or any issuer). They reject people with excellent credit or give small limits. I've seen people fresh out of BK with approvals for $5000. Hard to know what their algorithms are searching for. I do know they have turned a lot of people down for "too many lines of credit in existence" meaning, you have enough credit. 

wishing you the best in getting approved 

JR
Message 18 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@JLRDC909 wrote:

Goodness. I'm more shocked at the restraint you've shown in not applying. Ha. 

it's really hard to says with C1 (or any issuer). They reject people with excellent credit or give small limits. I've seen people fresh out of BK with approvals for $5000. Hard to know what their algorithms are searching for. I do know they have turned a lot of people down for "too many lines of credit in existence" meaning, you have enough credit. 

wishing you the best in getting approved 

OP did apply (see below):

@luis999 wrote:

Well applied and was asked to upload proof of ID and SSN.  Anyone know if this done before the application is assesed (i.e. as a last step) or before they even look at the data?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 20
luis999
Valued Member

So called the automated line, and after hearing the message there is an option to speak to a representative.

They said that my SSN wasn't received (though I have a screen capture showing it uploaded) so I re-uploaded it and within minutes got a Welcome to Venture X email.

Will post an approval details approvals forum.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.